Gravity IT Resources
Business Intelligence Analyst:
Build and design reports for the new Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) data warehouse.
This is an opportunity to be a part of a team that is helping to build and design a new data warehouse for multiple sources of data across many state and federal programs and their respective IT systems. This data warehouse will be crucial for laying the foundation for gathering data, reporting and decision making at the new DHHS.
The priority is the Qualification, Availability, and Interest level of the candidate. If the candidate resides and is legally authorized to work in the US, please submit. (Local talent is not top priority – remote work is okay)
- Interface and deliver insights to business stakeholders, including advanced data visualization and dashboard management supporting better decision making, and enabling continuous improvement. Support data retrieval, transformation, cleansing, analysis, and visualization.
- Design and develop new business metrics with clear definitions and computations, with associated technical documentation and lineage.
- Write or alter existing code for extract and load scripts
- Participate in extracting required data for federal audit purposes Participate in gathering business requirements and working with business on ad hoc queries for projects as they are requested and assigned Help mentor business data team on tools and techniques for reporting out of the data warehouse
Primary Skills and working knowledge
- Skilled in using Business Intelligence analytics/reporting/visualization tools such as Quicksight, Power BI, R Shiny, Tableau, etc.
- Experience in data visualization concepts; joining/cleansing data from multiple data sources.
- Ability to create reports and dashboards that “tell a story “And assist leadership and stakeholders in making decisions.
- Experience developing and testing Business Intelligence components including dashboards and reports.
- Good understanding of graphical web design principles, typography, composition, and iconography
- Ability to write, troubleshoot and tune complex SQL queries
- Experience working with Data Warehouse methodologies including DataWarehouse Architecture and Design
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Excellent written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills required.
- Deal with people in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism.
Preference may be given to a candidate who may have.
A Bachelor’s degree in Web Design, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field or equivalent professional or military experience. AWS experience and/or AWS certification(s).