Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Validation Engineer- Controlled Systems
Job Type: Direct Hire
Location: Dayton, OH
Work Authorization: US Citizen or Green Card holder preferred, may sponsor visa candidates.
Referral bonus: +/- $1200
Our Client is a premier chassis supplier that designs and manufactures brake and suspension systems for the global transportation market. Our people, technical centers, and manufacturing plants have enabled us to bring to market a legacy of producing automotive chassis components for more than 8 decades. We are a fast paced, ever-changing organization here in Dayton Ohio and are building a winning culture by hiring the best and brightest minds in the industry.
Gravity is currently hiring a Controlled Systems Validation Engineer. If you meet the requirements, and believe you have a passion for making a real difference in an industry, we would like to hear from you.
- Design specific tests to meet the needs of the product development and validation activities in accordance with company and customer requirements.
- Flow down customer requirements (SOR) into validation plans
- Design test equipment configurations to meet the needs of product development.
- Analyze test data to confirm product viability and perform basic statistical analysis.
- Review test results, give feedback, and partner with the Product Development Team to resolve product issues and determine next steps.
- Serve as liaison between the Product Development Team and the Test & Validation Lab Team
- Document system software and hardware as required.
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Understanding of basic mechanical systems
- Strong troubleshooting aptitude with a focus on test equipment
- Strong knowledge of electronic controls and data acquisition systems
- Experience with LabVIEW or Python software
- Knowledge of sensors for integration into test systems
- Ability to read and understand engineering prints/drawings, and Hydraulic Mechanizations
- Hands-on experience with assembly, installation, and commissioning of equipment
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience as a hands-on Test & Validation Engineer, or Applications Engineer
- Ability to develop software to Control the test equipment and collect required data
- Understanding of pneumatic/hydraulic fluid flow control.
- Experience in National Instruments Hardware & Software: PXI, SCXI, FPGA and C series
- General knowledge of controlled chassis systems operation and functionality