Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Accountant
Job Type: Direct hire
Location: Hybrid – Dayton Ohio
Work Authorization: US Citizen or Green Card Holders, will not sponsor visas
Referral Fee: +/- $2700
Under general supervision, responsible for complex accounting activities relating to the maintenance of the general ledger and the resulting financial reports, and cash management process of the firm.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assists the Assistant Controller with maintaining the General Ledger system including timely reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, assisting with month and year-end closes, and reviewing the trial balance to determine accuracy and reasonableness of financial data/transaction prior to issuance of financial reports.
- Acts as the initial contact for General Ledger and Treasury. Monitors the company’s cash position, including daily cash positioning, cash flow forecasting, and makes borrowing or investing recommendations as needed.
- Responsible for receiving and processing all invoices pertaining to the Firm’s Credit Agreement including, but not limited to, debt, interest rate swap, letters of credit, revolving line of credit and other administrative invoices.
- Assists with maintaining the Firm’s banking relationships, banking and treasury controls, maintaining signature cards, and performing bank account maintenance.
- Ensures compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and internal policies related to treasury activities. Monitors changes in treasury regulations and market trends and provides recommendations on treasury policies and procedures as needed.
- Responsible for initiating the Firm’s outgoing wire and ACH payment processes and ensuring all vendor and client payments are setup accurately and timely.
- Monitors the Firm’s client trust accounts and works with counsel and clients to coordinate receipts and disbursements. Initiates all outbound wire transfers ensuring accuracy and compliance with Firm’s policies and procedures. Ensures all trust funds are utilized or returned to clients prior to becoming dormant.
- Ensures the integrity of accounting data and adherence to accounting principles and controls. Ensures compliance with applicable accounting principles and policy directives from Management Committee.
- Assists in the development and distribution of financial reports using the Firm’s financial reporting system and answering inquiries regarding such reports.
- Backs up other members of the General Accounting team on GL/Treasury responsibilities, as necessary.
- Participates in or manages special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Applies conceptual accounting principles in the preparation and consolidation of financial statements and general ledgers.
- Assists in the various financial statement and benefit plan audits by providing audit documentation and preparing requested schedules for internal and external auditors. Works with the Assistant Controller to resolve audit findings and to ensure timely, successful completion of the audit.
- Provides decision-support to Assistant Controller and Financial Controller. This includes assisting with the development and interpretation of accounting information to meet the various needs of management.
- Prepares journal entries, account reconciliations, and ad hoc reports and analyses.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Thorough knowledge of formal principles and practices in accounting, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and interpretation and application of standards set by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB).
- Experience with ERP integrated treasury products and banking controls.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail, including the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressure.
- Excellent business writing skills including knowledge of business English as necessary to present information that requires some origination and/or compilation.
- Demonstrated ability to compile, review, and determine logical conclusions or recommendations based on data and information which is varied in content and format.
- Ability to handle diverse tasks, perform financial analysis and to regularly prioritize tasks to respond to changing management needs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop custom, specialized reports using spreadsheet applications, including proficient skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use PC-based and on-line technology, database, presentation, and spreadsheet software currently in use at WilmerHale.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as necessary to work effectively with people at all levels at WilmerHale.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field of study is required. CPA a plus.
- Minimum three years directly related to the duties or skills described herein is required.
- Public Accounting experience is preferred.