Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Back End Software Engineer
Location: Minneapolis, MN– minimum 1 day per week on-site
Work Authorization: USC/GC Holder
Job Type: 6-month Contract (Potential Conversion)
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
Gravity is seeking a Back End Software Engineer to build a new notifications service for our clients product that will help build a rules service to connect with users based on conditions in the data:
- Design and develop resilient data storage, messaging, and API systems for customer-facing web applications.
- You will have responsibility over components of client systems – both development and operational needs.
- Drive innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development
- Be involved in design reviews and perform code reviews based on client engineering rigor and standards.
- Debug production issues in clients services and tech stack
- Measure and optimize the performance, effectiveness, and uptime of backend services
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (MIS or CS preferred) or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in an object-oriented language such as Java
- Minimum 3 years of software development in Java8/Spring Boot stack
- Minimum of 2 years of cloud architecture and service development experience
- Preferably AWS – Lambda, EC2, S3, EKS, etc.
- Experience with IaaC (Terraform)
- Experience pulling and parsing data
- Be a hands-on Engineer spending significant percentage of their time writing code or debugging tricky issues
- Knowledge of core Java frameworks and algorithms
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals – object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm – design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Analytical abilities and design skills & a working knowledge of design patterns
- Experience with designing, building and deploying features
- Ability to learn domain knowledge in the area of e-commerce