Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: SQL/Python Developer
Location: Charlotte, NC
Referral Fee: $1100
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
Gravity is looking for a SQL/Python Developer to spearhead our client’s support of a designated investment team at our client.
The successful candidate will possess 4+ years of experience in a hands on SQL and Python role. Comprehensive knowledge of Pyspark, Pandas, and SSRS are all nice to have.
Our client is a global investment management firm. They source differentiated opportunities and build long-term portfolios across public and private fixed income, real estate, ad specialist equity markets. With investment professionals based across the globe, the firm is able to effectively serve its clients and their 350 billion AUM.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Work closely with business partners in your designated investment team to translate business requirements to technology solutions
· Develop and maintain a strong relationship with business partners
· Work with business partners to translate requirements into actionable stories in technology terms and implement solutions
· Enhance and support existing solutions and platform
· Adhere to and implement good SDLC practices including testing, Devops pipelines, etc.
Required Experience & Skills:
· 3+ years of experience using SQL Server, creating stored procedures, optimizing queries, handling large data sets
· 3+ years of experience using Python to manipulate data sets
· 3+ years aggregating data from various sources to produce insights and metrics
· Working knowledge of SSRS/Power BI is preferred
· Experience working with Pandas and PySpark strongly preferred