Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Sr. Android Engineer
Job Type: Direct hire
Location: Chicago IL
Work Authorization: US Citizen or Green Card Holders, may consider sponsoring Visas
Referral Fee: +/- $2900
We are in search of a Senior Software Engineer with expertise in the implementation and design of software applications, including libraries, methodology, process, and tool stack. We need someone who thrives in environments where you are focused on writing performant code that supports thousands of active users. You enjoy the experience of writing software for a variety of device types and take ownership of the products that you contribute to. You understand the importance of understanding the context in which your software operates and can rationalize implementation details with the bigger picture. You’re seeking to drive tangible impact in your next career opportunity. You want to build things that matter.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- 80% of time spent in hands on development.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as collaborate with a diverse team.
- Accountable for resolution of technically challenging issues facing the organization.
- Write code with increasing quality and maintainability.
- Integrate Web technologies to server side and embedded device native applications.
- Apply standards for technical excellence, adhere to “Definition of Done” for Android code and documentation.
- Collaborate with Android developers on the team.
- Collaborate with Product/Experience management and analyze technical risk/rewards of new features to prioritize implementation.
Experience and Skills required
- 6+ years’ experience on embedded/kiosk type devices.
- 4+ years Android development.
- 2+ years writing and maintaining unit and Android tests.
- 2+ years working with SQLite databases as it pertains to Android applications.
- 2+ years Kotlin experience.
- Experience with long-term maintenance of Android applications.
- Experience with AWS, Continuous Integration/Delivery pipeline for cloud, including Jenkins, Docker, etc
- Understanding issues of embedded web applications within resource constrained environments,
- Ability to minimize external dependencies to operate offline with minimal memory and storage.
- Desire to discover new and creative ways to adapt and apply web technologies to a wide variety of platforms and environments
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet project goals
- Strong ability to troubleshoot/debug issues
- Self-motivation, strong ambition, and interest in directly impacting business results
- Experience with Test Driven Development.
- Experience with Gradle build systems.
- Expertise in defining API contracts for use by Mobile Devices.
- Experience with configuring/building Android images a plus.
- Jira experience