Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Business Process Consultant
Job Location: Tallahassee, FL (On-Site)
Job Type: Contract (Through 6/30/2024)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work under the direction of the Agency’s designated project manager. Participate in and lead activities as directed by the Agency.
- Work on large, complex projects that have enterprise-wide impact and require subject matter expertise of multiple process improvement areas and mastery of process improvement tools.
- Work as a project team member on multiple projects to facilitate process improvements involving multiple business areas and state agencies.
- Elicit, identify, analyze, and document business processes and requirements for business units and sister agencies. Translate business requirements and/or user stories into functional requirements. Document requirements and/or user stories in Azure DevOps. Design user interface screens.
- Analyze the business processes and make recommendations for business process improvements. This requires a high level of understanding of the organization’s business systems and processes.
- Serve as the primary liaison between internal and external users and technical resources to translate business needs into technical requirements.
- Understand technical problems and solutions in relation to the current, as well as the future business environment.
- Develop meeting summaries, requirements documentation, screen designs, and other SDLC artifacts within required timeframes.
- Develop and maintain test plans and scripts for manual testing.
- Lead manual testing efforts for each release in dev and beta environments.
- Coordinate with the functional owner and developers to research anomalies, identify root cause, and troubleshoot through resolution.
- Capture and document metrics in support of the user acceptance testing and recommend improvements.
- Assess current testing processes; recommend and implement process improvements, including automation where practical.
- Provide estimates for testing and requirements analysis.
- Create and manage SQL queries and analyze data to respond to ad hoc requests, troubleshoot, test, or investigate anomalies, as needed.
- Adapt to changes in daily work plans based on customer support needs.
- Assist in the completion of status reporting and escalation of issues to management.
- Coach and mentor junior staff.
- A minimum of 7 years of IT experience, 4 years of experience in process engineering, and 2 years of project management experience.
- Knowledge of leveraging both IT solutions and business process improvements.
- Must demonstrate expertise in strategic planning, tactical execution, project management, process management, and business systems requirements definition.
- Knowledge of advanced management principles and practices, methods of data collection and analysis.
- Knowledge of process engineering principles and practices.
- Knowledge of project management principles, methods, techniques, and tools for the effective management of projects from initiation through project closure.
- Proven communication skills, both orally and in writing, with technical and non-technical staff, and all levels of management.
- Skilled with Microsoft Visio, SharePoint, the Microsoft 365 Office Suite, and familiar with business analyst software tools.
- Skilled in providing technical expertise and direction for the development of complex software projects.
- Skilled in working on one or more projects as a project lead. Must be able to mentor and coach junior staff.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to technical and non-technical staff, as well as all levels of management, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, and site visits.
- Ability to map business processes, use cases, tasks, and workflows.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to work independently and in a team to meet deadlines.
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate multiple projects and work assignments.
- Ability to organize data into logical formats for presentation in reports, documents, and other written materials.
- Ability to conduct fact finding research.
- Ability to collect, evaluate, and analyze data to develop alternative recommendations, solve problems, document workflows, and other activities relating to the continuous improvement of processes.
- Goal oriented, action focused, pragmatic, and self-disciplined.