Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Sr. Test Automation Engineer
Job Type: Direct hire
Location: Chicago, IL
Work Authorization: US Citizen or Green Card Holder preferred, may consider sponsoring visa
Referral Fee +/- $2200
Our Client is looking for a Senior Test Automation Engineer to join the Quality Assurance (QA) organization and play an integral role in building out the test automation services. You will be developing test automation for our products in the enterprise, mobile, or healthcare space. You’ll work with all aspects of the product and platform development, including collaborating with hardware, media content, and design engineering teams to build our test automation solutions.
The Senior Test Automation Engineer plays an essential role in ensuring the quality of products and platforms. The primary responsibility will be to work in partnership with developers, global/regional product owners, and QA Team to define, design, and build or modify the automation framework. You will develop a deep understanding of our products and the complex use cases to test them. You will also create a robust set of automated tests that will result in a deep and flexible set of tests that become the primary foundation of our regression deployment and continuous delivery testing. In addition, you’ll be responsible for maintaining these frameworks by following the current standards along with coordinating test execution, training users, and providing user support.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with Product Owners/BA’s/Architects/QA Testers in refinement and defining story acceptance criteria for controls-based software utilized in automated systems for material movement.
- Analyze system requirements and review technical specifications to assess, evaluate, and create testing requirements for all software components for functional and end-to-end scenarios.
- Follows and coaches’ best practices for construction and utilization of Hybrid Testing Framework (data-driven, Keyword Driven) to support Dev and DevOps in Test/Behavior-driven designs and DevOps CI/CD pipelines for test automation/integration.
- Collaborate and contribute to automation test system architecture, methodologies, and processes using industry best practices and innovation of testing framework.
- Design, construct and maintain automated test reporting infrastructure for providing technical, project, and business visibility to software quality.
- Assist with performance test creation, execution, and integration into CI/CD.
- Collaborate with deployment engineers around customer acceptance test plans evaluating areas of automation before software deployment.
- Works as a multi-skilled professional practicing SAFe Agile in both a SCRUM/Kanban methodology.
- Taking part in continuous improvement through sharing of knowledge and coaching within the team.
What We Need
- 6+ years of total professional experience
- 3+ years of experience in software testing and test automation of Android applications
- 3+ years of experience working in Agile projects
- 2+ years of experience with Appium
- Expertise implementing Automation Frameworks like TDD/BDD, Keyword, POM, and Hybrid Frameworks (e.g., Selenium)
- Experience with test automation tools like Robot Framework, Selenium, TestNG, Cucumber
- Experience with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
- Experience with RESTful service architecture
- Experience with SQL language in one or more database platforms (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, or MS SQL)
- Hands-on experience with PyCharm or other IDE development tools
- Experience with distributed source control systems such as Git
- Experience in requirements gathering, designing test plans, defect management, project tracking, reporting, and End of Test report creation
- Integration of testing controls into CI/CD pipeline and within release management processes
- Experience with test runners reporting and linking into Continuous Integration (CI) servers such as Jenkins, Travis or CircleCI
- Experience testing cloud-based software with domain-driven designs utilizing Docker and Kubernetes
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ experience in software testing of embedded Android applications
- Knowledge of Linux, ssh, ADB and shell scripting
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure
- Certification with TMAP and/or ISTQB
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Self-motivation, strong ambition, and interest in directly impacting business results.
- Resourcefulness, multi-tasking skills and creative problem-solving skills.
- Curiosity and a strong passion for data, trend analysis and storytelling through data.
- Resiliency and ability to overcome challenges, sound business judgment.
- Passion for relationship building and building trusted partnerships.