Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Product Manager
Job Type: Direct Hire
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Work Authorization: US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Referral Fee: +/- $950
Follow the new product development process for associate products. Work with sales and marketing to translate customers’ needs to product features and functions, capturing information in a market requirement document.
- Innovative and out of the box thinking for associate products.
- Recommend and help develop the programs to deliver the annual sales and profit goals.
- Collaboratively work with sales and marketing.
- Responsible for analyzing and quickly reacting to current market conditions and competitors by introducing new products, line extensions, product improvements, price changes, and promotional activities.
- Analyze sales, special programs, new products and market trends to forecast future needs. Adjust marketing plans to ensure profitability consistent with annual plans.
- Works closely with Sales to secure program and product implementation.
- Demonstrate knowledge of professional environment and key industry/product issues
- Ensures that product launches are executed flawlessly (on time and on budget) by following the appropriate planning process.
- Participates in the New Product Development process for products introduced in assigned categories.
- Training of sales and customer service on products.
- Occasional travel for trade shows, customer and vendor visits, and sales meetings required. Providing source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Developing market share data by working with sales directors and marketing to develop product sales strategies.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses, answering questions and requests.
- Assist in determining product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Participating in tradeshows to ensure we are reaching the target audience with the correct products and message.
- Participates in webinars, podcasts and other events to promote products with internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years Building Material Brand Manager experience.
Job Knowledge/Skills Required:
- Innovative and out the box thinking.
- Product Management, People Management, Understanding the Customer, Product Development, Requirements
- Analysis, Pricing and Margin, Planning, Competitive Analysis
- Experience with the creative development process and program execution.
- Highly organized and very strong, proven project management skills.
- Able to work effectively across functions.
- Enjoys a high-energy, high expectations, results-oriented environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks and situations in a calm and effective manner.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at a functional level.
- Strong team player.
- Commitment to company values.