Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Network Engineer II
Job Type: Long-term Contract
Location: NY, NJ, or LA
Work Authorization: US Citizen or Green Card holder preferred.
Referral Fee: +/- $1200
Gravity is looking for a Network engineer to join an innovative team of solutions engineers and architects. We are looking for an extremely driven engineer interested in working on a focused team to deliver successful solutions that impact several core events, and corporate functions. You will need a strong technical background with experience in the development of high-performance networks and a good understanding of current and emerging wireless technologies. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with an ownership attitude and a good communicator able to work within a team that delivers cutting-edge solutions to tight deadlines. This is an excellent opportunity to get involved in innovating with new technologies and become an expert in the domain.
This role will require working weekends, holidays, shifts outside of normal business hours, and overtime. It will also require travel between offices domestically in NY, NJ, and CA, and other locations throughout North America and Internationally for installations, maintenance, and support.
- Responsible for the installation, operation, administration, and maintenance of wired and wireless networks at corporate offices.
- Provide dedicated support for on-site network and Wi-Fi technicians during events.
- Assist in the research, design and documentation for upgrades and adoption of new network technologies.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining network diagrams, configurations, support, and training documentation.
- Provide reports for network KPIs to show service levels, capacity analysis, performance, troubleshooting, and areas for improvement in network infrastructure.
- Remain on the cutting edge by studying state-of-the-art network technologies, participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Responds to technical escalations for wired and wireless service issues, working with product support teams, IT staff and business groups to ensure resolution.
- Provide technical support to various activities and internal infrastructure within the company.
- Responsible for effectively engaging with IT project management and reporting project status.
- Protects intellectual property and operations by keeping information confidential.
- Establish and adhere to set project plans and release dates.
- Willing to travel for project deployments, off-site meetings, and on-site event day support.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, military service, or a related field with strong technical background.
- 4 – 5 years relevant experience, including hands on network implementation, wireless troubleshooting and lifecycle maintenance.
- Advanced degree of knowledge of network hardware (Cisco preferred) including controllers, access points (indoor and outdoor), routers, and switches.
- Knowledge of wireless network technologies including Wi-Fi
- Knowledge of Cisco Identity Services Engine, DNA preferred
- Extensive experience in network best practices, security principles and troubleshooting.
- Ability to diagnose and solve network performance issues.
- Solid understanding on networking protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, DHCP, DNS, NAT, STP, IPSEC, GRE, etc.)
- Understanding of networking concepts and principles, including but not limited to routing both static/dynamic (RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, & BGP) and multi-layer switching (standard and private VLANs, VTP, Spanning Tree, etc.)
- Understanding of network packet analysis via tools such as Wireshark.
- Ability to research new network technology and evaluate its viability.
- Experience in troubleshooting networking device drivers and client system issues.
- Experience in troubleshooting video and voice performance over wired and wireless networks preferred.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize issues and balance multiple projects.
- Positive and proactive approach to collaboration and seeking out tasks from senior engineers.
- Ability to draw, update and document infrastructure topologies in detail using MS Visio, Excel, and Word.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.