Gravity IT Resources
Senior API / Microservices developer
Functions performed –
• Acquire and interpret business requirements, create functional specifications, and determine the most efficient and appropriate technologies based on client requirements.
• Recommends both technical and process improvements and solutions to architect and management team for review.
• Maintain and modify Microservices and APIs; make approved changes by amending application documentation, developing detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
• Provide support for critical web application problems and issues.
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the discovery and investigation of critical production problems as required.
• Willingness and ability to train and teach other developers.
• Help foster development of teams cross-functional and collaborative capabilities.
• Implement and Operationalize common Microservices patterns (service discovery, circuit-breaker etc.)
• Performs complex programming assignments requiring an advanced aptitude of established programming standards, methods, and best practices.
• Designs application and database components for development projects.
• Identifies and Mitigates risks associated with projects, which have a high technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges to the business.
• Be the DevOps champion to configure and deploy containerized Microservices in our Kubernetes environment through CI/CD pipelines.
• Leverage knowledge of the security processes & standards involved in distributed web applications.
• Ensure Digital products make the best use of current Deployment platforms (Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, AKS etc.).
• 5+ years of IT experience.
• 5+ years of experience working on all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
• 5+ years of experience in Java, J2EE, JDBC or Hibernate
• 3+ years using Spring Boot and Spring Rest services.
• Solid experience working with Microservices or service-oriented patterns, Cloud-Native architecture.
• Strong experience with API and Event-driven systems
• Strong knowledge of Domain driven design in a distributed service environment
• Strong knowledge of Service Mesh technologies
• Strong understanding of API gateway capabilities
• Experience with Azure SQL and NoSQL
• Experience with Terraform script creation.
• Experience with routing and messaging tools / patterns
• Experience with Azure Cloud technology stack.
• Expertise in of command line git and of GitHub.
• Experience configuring application servers such as JBoss and Tomcat.
• Experience with Docker/Kubernetes.
• Experience in creating automated build scripts (Ant/Gradle).
• Experience with CI/CD, DevOps
• Experience with Agile methodology and Jira tool.