Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Helpdesk Technician
Location: Remote after ~3 months on site
Job Type: Direct Hire
This position is responsible for providing quality and rapid computer support with a high degree of customer satisfaction as the initial point of contact for over 2600 internal customers working on 3700 computers supporting over 400 software applications at our client’s Information Systems Help Desk.
- Required: 1 year of proven Help Desk experience with a preference for hospital or healthcare environment
- Preferred: 1 year previous experience with Help Desk in a hospital setting
- Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
- Provides level I computer assistance to computer system end-users
- Provides an excellent service desk experience to all customers
- Maintains the Help Desk Support Request queues and works through all self-service tickets
- Provides desktop/laptop/mobile computer hardware and software support
- Assists in continual quality improvement of Help Desk and Information Systems department
- Provides timely and effective documentation in our client’s Knowledgebase
- Assists in the resolution of support requests to decrease downtime and to bring about high levels of satisfaction to each customer
- Researches, resolves, and responds to questions received via telephone calls, emails and web in a timely manner, in accordance with current documented procedures
- Create new procedures and update existing procedures in the help desk Knowledgebase software to assist with the resolution of Help Desk calls
- Use the contents of the Knowledgebase and help desk software to assist with resolving Help Desk calls
- Assists in maintaining hardware and software inventory by updating the Configuration Item listing in SDE
- Assists team members with knowledge transfer by creating, reviewing, updating Knowledgebase articles
- Own and lead one or multiple projects that will lead to an overall enhancement of quality or efficiency for the Help Desk
- Assists in special projects and resolution of project issues as needed
- Create Support Request tickets that include the required contact information, clear description of issue, and assigned or resolved appropriately
- Achieves Service Level Agreements (SLA) and works to attain the team Service Level Agreements’ for customer service measured on a monthly basis. 65% or greater FLR. 75% or greater SR:Call Ratio. 4.85 or greater survey average.
- Performs other duties as assigned.