Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Applications Development Analyst
Job Type: Contract
Job Location: Tallahassee, FL (2x a Week On-Site)
- Work under the direction of the Agency’s designated project manager or the Lead Applications Development Supervisor. Participate in and lead activities as directed by the Agency.
- Comply with Division of IT Information Systems Development Methodology (ISDM) processes and standards. Work products and documentation will be in the Agency ISDM template format and will comply with the Florida Department of Management Services’ Florida Digital Service, Chapter 60GG-1, Florida Administrative Code.
- Design, develop, test, implement, maintain, support, and enhance software applications in conformance with the adopted by the Agency’s methodologies, standards, and practices.
- Participate in component and data architecture design, and performance monitoring.
- Review and confirm understanding of the interface layouts for the Agency’s business needs, and complete interface design, build, and unit test activities.
- Provide software development programming estimates as directed.
- Develop and execute software test plans as directed.
- Work on pipeline and release processes using Azure DevOps.
- Coordinate with the Agency’s designated Lead Applications Development Supervisor to promote production deployments using the Agency’s change control process.
- Create and manage SQL queries and analyze data to respond to ad hoc requests, troubleshoot, test, or investigate anomalies.
- Develop process flows and system documentation conforming to the Agency’s standards.
- Establish connectivity to other internal or external systems as needed.
- Adapt to changes in daily work plans based on customer support needs.
- Abide by the agency’s security policies when accessing the agency’s buildings and systems.
- A minimum of 7 years of software development experience with large and complex systems.
- Experience supporting solutions through the entire software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Experience working with project stakeholders identifying and refining solution requirements.
- Experience driving critical decisions about the following key solution aspects: organization of the solution, high-level structure, main components, interfaces, performance, resilience, reuse, comprehensibility, scalability, and security.
- Experience leading and mentoring technical teams.
- Experience and knowledge of Network and System development and deployment.
- Experience working with OData and OData REST APIs.
- Experience creating and monitoring continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Experience performing code reviews to ensure compliance with identified standards of practice.
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum methodologies.