Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: UI/UX – Front End Developer
Salary Range: 125K – 150K
Referral Fee: $1,000
Employment Eligibility: Gravity will consider US Citizens, Green Card Holders and those with full-time US Employment Authorization (H-1B Candidates). We are also open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements for highly qualified candidates.
Gravity IT is looking for a UI/UX Front End Developer to help develop and support a major system and related applications for a large department within the State of Utah. This organization has begun a modernization project for its legacy software into a cloud native architecture. This developer will work with a team of developers, architects and analysts involved in this modernization project. This developer will need to have great front-end, UI/UX skills to assist in design. This is an opportunity to make a difference for Utah citizens while being a pivotal part of an exciting IT team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analysis – Work with team members and stakeholders to elicit and define business and
- Design – Work with team members and other stakeholders to plan and design software
solutions to meet requirements specifications.
- Coding – Create and design UI that is intuitive and meets requirements.
- Testing – Ensure code quality by testing, creating, and executing automated tests.
- Peer Code Reviews – Able to give constructive feedback to peers to help improve the overall
- Documentation – Provide documentation to meet team and support needs and to fulfill
documentation standards and federal documentation requirements.
- Agile – Actively participate in Agile Development Methodologies.
- Teamwork – Work as an active member of an agile development team. Recognize and take
ownership in meeting team sprint goals. Align individual activities with team activities.
Communicate progress, problems, and status with team members.
- Planning – Actively participate in sprint planning activities to produce challenging, yet realistic,
goals and task breakdowns that are complete and align with roadmap and epic goals and
deadlines. Aid in sprint backlog refinement.
- Mentoring – Share skills with other team members.
- Security – Create code that protects clients and aligns with department security standards,
good practice and applicable state/federal regulations.
- Learning – Demonstrate an attitude of ongoing learning and skills building. Typical
Required Experience & Skills:
In order of importance:
- UI/UX Design
- Angular or experience with Vue/React
- Consuming REST APIs
- Git version control
- Open ID Connect/OAuth2
- AWS CloudFront
- AWS API Gateway