Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Full-Stack Web Programmer
Location: Hybrid (Tallahassee, FL)
Job Type: Contract Through 6/30/2024
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer on a W2 or C2C agreement.
This position is a member of the Custom Development & Testing Team. Works alongside other team members on assigned project teams. Develops custom software applications and databases, implements enhancements to existing systems, troubleshoots application issues, implements integration between applications, and implements and supports Off the Shelf software solutions. Must be able to make high-level design choices and implement solutions following technical standards, including software coding standards, tools, and platforms for the enterprise. Work directly with subject matter experts (SME) and other stakeholders to ensure solutions meet defined requirements. Will be involved, and work in concert with other team members, to analyze, design, implement, and test solutions.
- 7+ years of hands on Full Stack Development experience
- Skill in updating legacy applications to cloud architecture and developing new web applications.
- Skill in Front-end, back-end, database, and service development (Full Stack).
- Knowledge of design patterns, performance issues and troubleshooting strategies.
- Knowledge of development methodologies including waterfall and agile.
- Skill in working with custom frameworks and templates.
- Skill in architecting and deploying high volume, high transaction based, distributed and redundant web applications.
- Skill with Microsoft SQL and other Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) including Oracle.
- Skilled in verbal and written communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution, and customer service.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to balance multiple demands and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to conduct complex systems analysis and translate user requirements into business solutions.
- Ability to integrate research and best practices into problem avoidance and continuous improvement.
- Ability to architect cloud-based applications leveraging PaaS (Platform as a Service) and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) offerings for leading vendors such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.
- Ability to effectively work as part of a distributed development team.
- Ability to display professionalism in dealing with all levels of management and staff.
- Ability to exhibit creativity and resourcefulness at problem solving while collaborating and working effectively with others across varied disciplines.
- Knowledge of OOP (Object Oriented Programming) concepts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as a senior developer on various cross-functional application projects, ensuring that robust and scalable solutions are implemented. Collaborate with other team members and Subject Matter Experts to ensure solutions are implemented according to customer requirements.
- Responsible for full lifecycle application development. Ensures code is written to implement the architecture and design such that it meets standards in terms of code quality and efficiency.
- Develop and apply knowledge of trends, relevant software development technologies and methodologies.