Gravity IT Resources
How We Define a Sr. Developer:
A developer at this level is experienced, able to work independently with minimal support, and can influence and mentor others. At the senior level, developers are expected to act on opportunities to help inform direction based on their product area’s focus. They reinforce best practices in their teams and can make informed architectural design choices.
- Experience: Senior team members are high-level performers who have experience in leading parts of larger projects collaboratively or leading smaller projects alone. They demonstrate domain expertise, knowledge of process, and strong communication skills. They have likely shipped a number of products / major features at this stage in their career.
- Communication: Senior team members have strong written and verbal communication skills. They can clearly and confidently share decision-making rationale and document decisions. They can present in small and large group settings in a succinct and authoritative manner. They are able to effectively tailor their conversations to accomodate audiences with differing levels of technical knowledge.
- Relationships: Senior team members have strong relationships with peers and stakeholders and are trusted members of their product teams. Seniors influence stakeholders, manage those relationships effectively, and do so regularly. They are able to speak to difficult / complex problems, timelines, and negotiate requirements based on user or business needs.
- Presence: Seniors serve as a professional standard to the team’s junior contributors. As they take on more responsibility, the expectations become more demanding—a senior member of the team should be dependable, consistent, and able to quickly react in a remote environment. Seniors are expected to be active in all team activities, attend all ceremonies and meetings, contribute to working sessions, provide feedback to team members, and inform strategic thought work from the context of their product area with guidance from Leads.
- Accountability: Seniors take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieve results with little oversight.
- Deliver high quality, accessible code using industry best practices.
- Collaborate with partners and stakeholders to help refine and develop requirements and user stories for site enhancements.
- Work closely and collaboratively within an Agile product team to define practical solutions that meet business requirements and delivers an exceptional customer experience.
- Review pull-requests and provide meaningful feedback and ideas to team members.
- Strong foundational knowledge of modern front-end technologies.
- Significant Experience working with React.
- Familiar with API driven design.
- Experience working with CSS preprocessing (we use SASS).
- Basic knowledge of working with build automation and continuous integration.
- Experience in analyzing, designing, developing, implementing, managing and adhering to style guidelines and working with design systems.
- Familiar with accessible development practices (ADA/WCAG compliance).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment as a valued team member.
- Ability to work with high-level business requirements and help stakeholders define technical scope.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively collaborate with business users through explaining technical concepts in simplified terms.
- Familiar with Agile development processes.
- Desire to learn new technologies and continually expand technical capabilities.
- 3+ years hands-on front end web development.
- Experience contributing to projects in a heavily cross-functional environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud/Demandware/SFRA or other Ecommerce platforms preferred.
- Experience with collaborative and productivity tools such as Jira / Trello / Confluence.
- Experience with Git and version control.
- Experience supporting, mentoring, and providing technical guidance for other developers.
- Working understanding of UX and design fundamentals.
REPORTS TO: Manager, FED
LOCATION/TRAVEL: Currently remote. Potentially time at office in Columbus, Ohio & some travel may be required, after hours production support for sale events as needed.