Gravity IT Resources
Job Type: Full-time
Reports directly to: Engineering Manager
Direct Reports: None
Job Purpose: To receive, manage and close projects at a healthy profit, schedule projects efficiently, effectively communicate with customers & production employees, & complete crane projects at a healthy profit margin for the company. Performance Goals: Utilize skills to reduce costs for the company in the most appropriate way for the project, adding value to the company and overall bottom line.
- Manage multiple crane projects and work with Sales team, customers, and production team for specifications.
- Structural design of fabricated and welded box girder sections for overhead cranes.
- Structural design of free-standing runway systems for overhead cranes.
- Develop concrete footer and foundation design for free-standing runway support columns.
- Interpret architectural drawings and develop structural framing systems.
- Inspect and analyze existing structures and overhead crane box girder sections.
- Coordinate installations with customers, crew leaders, and production team.
- Work with Crew Leaders to diagnose issues or obstructions in the field and develop a resolution.
- Budget and project management.
- Oversee the production process of the Crane in the shop to ensure no problems/issues arise.
- Occasional travel to customer sites.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Structural Mechanical, Civil, Industrial Engineering or Project Management
- 5+ years Engineering experience preferred.
- Structural, Mechanical Engineering or Steel construction.
- Successful passage of the Principles and Practices of Engineering exam, which permits registration with the State Board (PE certification)
- Experience with fatigue design considerations and welded structures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience with Auto CAD and Microsoft programs.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work well on a team.
- Position is remote except for the occasional travel to customer sites (around 2 times a month)
- Travel could include Northwest Ohio, Southern Michigan, and Northeast Indiana
- Manual Dexterity: Proficiency in using hands and fingers to manipulate tools, operate machinery, or perform delicate tasks.
- Visual Acuity: Sufficient vision to read documents, operate equipment, or perform tasks that require accurate visual perception.
- Hearing Ability: Adequate hearing to understand verbal instructions, communicate with others, or detect auditory signals or warnings.
- Standing and Walking: Capacity to stand or walk for extended periods, as some jobs may require being on one’s feet for most of the work shift.
- Sitting: Ability to sit for long periods of time.