Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Software Developer
Salary Range: 125K – 150K
Referral Fee: $1,000
Employment Eligibility: Gravity will consider US Citizens, Green Card Holders and those with full-time US Employment Authorization (H-1B Candidates). We are also open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements for highly qualified candidates.
Gravity IT Resources is seeking a seeking strong, well-rounded Software Developer to perform sustainment and needed modification of a large, public education financial system. In this role you will also do new development and maintenance on related systems/applications as needed. Candidate must possess a strong understanding of financial principles, to include funding management principles and practices, and tracking methodologies. Candidate must possess strong understanding of advanced statistical and mathematical principles, experience developing and maintaining data systems using .NET 6.0 or higher, ASP, C# 10 or higher, EF Core, MVC, bootstrap, and SQL Server to include the ability to incorporate/integrate data visualization capabilities into web design.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares a wide variety of design, programming, and documentation tasks necessary for the development, implementation, and sustainment of IT applications.
- Develops software solutions by studying requirements analysis, information needs, conferring with stakeholders and IT management, studying systems flow, data usage, work processes, performs software design using software development fundamentals and processes, debug, test, and deploy software solutions.
- Develops logic and implements secure coding solutions to prevent/mitigate coding vulnerabilities such a SQL-Injection and cross-site scripting.
- Creates normalized database tables and SQL queries in MS SQL Server, Oracle and other RDMS and database tools.
- Performs basic database administration tasks, performance optimization, index optimization, and writes advanced select queries.
- Plans and coordinates the development of data structures, identifies specific data elements to be used in the system, designs, develops or modifies relational databases.
- Follows prescribe data standards, policies and procedures, information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices.
- Assists with project plans, functional requirements, charters, timelines, coordinate meetings, budgets, statements of work, SOPs, status reports, cost benefit analysis and resource utilization estimates.
- Assist in the development and completion of Problem Statements and Business Case Analysis
- Oversees the coordination of the installation, testing, operating, troubleshooting, and maintenance of systems.
- Works with customers to identify report requirements to translate data elements from the database to workable reports for the end-users and upper management.
- Evaluates and provides guidance to project team members on the process employed in the analysis, design, documentation, and testing and/or evaluation of systems or segments of systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in studies that included 15 semester hours in statistics (or in mathematics and statistics, provided at least 6 semester hours were in statistics. Alternatively, courses in methods of processing mass statistical data such as tabulating methods or electronic data processing may be sufficient.
- Strong understanding of financial principles, including funding management principles and practices, and tracking methodologies.
Nice to Have Experience:
- Experience working with public and/or public education financial systems.