Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Solutions Architect
Location: Deerfield Beach, FL (hybrid 3 days onsite)
Job Type: Contract
This role will be responsible for providing technical leadership in the design, documentation, and review of technology solutions that meet the business and IT needs of the organization. This individual will also be accountable for providing technical leadership for projects and will be accountable for the end-to-end solution and delivery. Individual will be the focal and escalation point for all -technical delivery issues on these efforts. This individual will be assigned to projects in SET to provide leadership and be the primary accountable person for the design and delivery of the solution for the business initiative.
Must have experience with PaaS providers such as AWS and Microsoft Azure and knowledge of supporting systems within cloud infrastructures.
This role drives collaboration with stakeholders including ITS teams, technology partners, business customers, and vendors to ensure that the participants are effectively communicating and aligned on technical deliverables. In addition, role will not have direct reports but does lead cross-functional technical resources to deliver on desired outcomes.
For projects, this role will be responsible for technical oversight of the design to ensure adherence to enterprise standards, reduction of complexity, and reusability. Other responsibilities include leading pre-project consulting and estimation efforts, implementation planning, deployment activities, and support transition. The role will be to work closely with Project Managers and other technology stakeholders to ensure all technical deliverables are carefully planned, staffed, and tracked completed on time and with high quality.
• Responsible for the architectural design (Solution and Data) and ensures compliance of solutions to Enterprise Architecture Principles and Technology Architecture Patterns.
• Accountable for technical delivery for assigned projects (Solution and Data).
• Leverage the current and approved technology portfolio, enterprise architectural standards, and established patterns to create solution and data designs that deliver the required business capabilities.
• Collaborate with other architects, developers, and engineers to create synergies and drive technology reuse within and across projects.
• Collaborate with Development Managers, IT & Business Directors and IT & Business VPs to help gain consensus and drive decisions required for projects and/or initiatives.
• Approval of detailed technical designs and vendor technical designs to
o Ensure the adherence to enterprise standards
o Reduce complexity
o Increase reusability
• Drives down costs and complexity by using enterprise standards
• Designs solutions that meet the best interest of multiple stakeholders including those of the project and enterprise level
• Designs solutions that leverage enterprise tools and have reusable components and services
• Works with business users to reduce technical complexity introduced by business requirements
• Ensures designs meet business requirements
• Provide recommendations that produce efficiencies in technology support costs and improve performance while meeting customer requirements.
• Provide leadership and mentoring to less experienced associates.
• Translate highly technical problems in a manner that can be understood in business terms to a variety of audiences including project managers and business executives.
• Present recommendations and solutions clearly and concisely and can focus on key points to portray the intended message or purpose.
• Driving desired outcomes and decisions through trust and influence.
Technical Leadership Responsibilities:
• Acts as the lead Technology Services representative in the delivery of technology solutions
• Provides overall technical leadership and directs teams in the delivery of technology solutions.
• Partners with Project Managers, Portfolio Managers, and technical stakeholders to deliver on the following responsibilities for end-to-end technical delivery.
• Partners with PM to ensure a successful release to production including transition activities
o Ensures the realization of the solution architecture, making sure it is operable & cost-effective
o Leads and drives progress on all technical delivery aspects
o Help identify all required roles and technology resources
o Ensures the assembly of the required technical teams
o Leads identification of technical tasks and milestones
o Ensures technical requirements are delivered with quality and completeness
o Drives creation of financial estimates for all phases including TCO
o Partners with PM to ensure a successful release to production including transition activities
• Assesses risks, anticipates bottlenecks, provides escalation management, and collaborates to drive toward mutually beneficial outcomes
• Drives to effectively resolve and provide awareness for technical issues and risks
• Manages the partner relationship to ensure delivery of technical work done by 3rd party partners or vendors.
• Provides feedback on the performance of internal technical team members to their leaders
• Must possess broad understanding of technology and business operations and is able to provide holistic solutions to business problems or requirements.
• Extensive experience and knowledge of software design, application integration, and data integration.
• Extensive experience in designing and implementing canonical data models, SOA, messaging and transformation patterns.
• Extensive experience in data integration practices beyond ETL or ELT
• Extensive knowledge in architectural patterns utilized for micro-services, event driven architecture and domain driven architecture.
• Understands the complexities of networks, database, systems, security practices and other infrastructure components in an IT environment.
• Understands the complexities of DevOps and its best practices as it relates to software and integration design
• Understands IT security and governance best practices as it relates to software and infrastructure design.
• Understands security methods such as ADFS, SAML or OAuth.
• Current knowledge of industry best practices for software architecture.
• Strong leadership, confidence, verbal and influencing skills.
• Strong oral communication, written and presentation skills. Demonstrate the ability to present complex technical information, in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, in large and small groups.
• Strong organization, facilitation, analytical and deductive reasoning skills. Capable of thinking through problems in a systematic and logical manner in order to produce solutions.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
• High level of energy, drive, and creativity to solve complex business problems and overcome complex challenges.
• Proven analytical skills and ability to conduct research for data and business logic issues as required.
• Proven innovative thought process and problem-solving abilities.
• Knowledge of ITIL processes and standards is a plus.
• Experience in mobile development and/or design is a plus.
• Experience in application cloud architecture is a strong plus.
• Knowledge or certification in TOGAF is a strong plus.
• Bachelor’s degree or at least 8 years of equivalent professional experience.
• The ideal candidate has either automotive, distribution and/or warehousing experience.
• Organizational Skills
• Understanding of Different Project Management Methodologies (Waterfall, Iterative, Agile)
• Strong Leadership Capabilities & Presence
• Possess strong technical and SDLC experience
• Attention to detail
• Creative problem-solving abilities
• Coaching, Mentoring and Influencing
• Excellent communication
• Strong vendor relationship management
• Strong collaboration skills
Desired Tech Stack:
• Scripting/Programming Languages – .Net, .Net Core, C#, PHP, jQuery, Azure Power Platform
• Communication Methods/Protocols – HTTP, TCP/IP, SFTP, SSH, FTP, SMTP
• Middleware – Azure (Paas) Tools, IBM MQ, Mulesoft, DataPower
• Messaging Services – SOAP / REST, XML, JSON, EDI
• Databases – Azure SQL Server, SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, Azure Data Lake, MongoDB, CosmoDB DB
• Data Movement – Informatica PWX, IICS
• UI – ASP.Net, React
• Cloud – Azure PaaS, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Version Control Repositories / Pipeline – Azure DevOps, GitHub, Visual Studio, Jenkins
• Needed for Application Delivery, Data Delivery and Application Management
• Needs to be able to handle multiple initiatives or program level initiatives
• Needs to be able to lead a team of technologists from design all the way to warranty
• Works with geographically dispersed teams
• Ability to work onsite in corporate offices in Deerfield or Jacksonville full time or in hybrid onsite / offsite model