Gravity IT Resources
*Any 4 year engineering degree is good (prefer comes from brick & mortar university not online school)
*MBA is a HUGE plus but not required
*Prefer 3-5 years of experience but flexible
*Must have manufacturing background (automotive a plus but not required)….will be transitioning out of automotive eventually
*Must have done process improvement at their former position (six sigma, create efficiencies)
1. Look at process
3. Find cost savings
4. put plan together for execution to make improvements
*Will have 2 direct reports (production specialist & EHS manager)
*Comp $95K- $110K (some flexibility based on experience)
Job LocationsUS-OH-Bowling Green
Reporting to the Vice President, the Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Providing ongoing assessments and improvements in Dowa’s manufacturing processes and efficiencies.
- Increasing profitability through process improvements and optimization of equipment and technology.
- Identifying improvement opportunities and cost resources/burdens.
- Partnering with other functional areas to establish output expectations, durable resources needed, systems support, and overall costing expectations.
- Assists and/or leads the design of processes for product changes, new products; testing and evaluating as is necessary.
- Assists in the re-engineering of processes to improve any workforce ergonomic issue in the plant.
- Acts as project lead for process improvments, Kaizens, or Quality Corrective Actions. Identify KPI’s, milestones, and costing estimates for each related project.
- Works to eliminate or reduce scrap through partnership with Quality and Production by idenfiying Root Cause, as well as remediation strategies.
- Partners with the team to identify performance errors impacting product quality and output.
- Acts as a driving proponent for all EHS practices and processes.
- Interacts with customers and sales on new process design, current improvement, and efficiency efforts.
This is a new position to the organization and has a Production Operations Specialist as direct reports. The successful candidate will have:
- An undergraduate degree in an engineering field of study.
- A minimum of five years experience in an engineering capacity in a production environment.
- Working knowledge of process improvement methodologies, protocols, strategies, disciplines.
- Exposure to Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing practices, quality standards and implementations, Root Cause Analysis, etc.
- Reading comprehension of drawings/schematics/blueprints for equipment.
The target salary for this position is $85,000 to $100,000, plua a zero deductible health care plan, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, 3 weeks PTO to start, 401(k) with match, etc. We have an outstanding team at Dowa, we respect each other and support each other always. Come be a part of the adventure.