Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Construction Materials Testing Technician
Job Type: Direct Hire
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the United States without requiring sponsorship
Referral Fee: +-$1,200
Gravity has an opening in our Construction Services Department. Our client is a nationwide leader in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Building Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope.
Your role as a Construction Materials Testing (CMT) Technician will put you at the forefront of projects transforming communities. You will become an expert in concrete and soils field sampling, testing procedures, verification procedures, and the application of various construction materials. With projects ranging from complex roadway construction to single-family residential communities, you will gain the knowledge and experience necessary to take your skills to the next level.
- Perform routine field and/or laboratory tests on soil, concrete, asphalt, and other construction materials during the construction of various projects
- Prepare electronic daily field observation reports and summary reports
- Follow UES safety plans, programs, policies, and procedures
- Limited decision-making
This position offers career advancement such as paid certifications and training.
- No experience necessary – We believe in internal promotion; therefore, all the necessary experience will be taught on the job
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to meet the physical labor demands of the job – including, but not limited to, lifting up to 50 lbs, standing for long periods, kneeling, crawling, balancing, and using hands to handle tools and controls
- Must be able to work in outdoor weather conditions
- Frequent driving required
- ACI Level I certification within 90 days of employment
- Nuclear safety trained at the first available opportunity
- Must be okay with a flexible work schedule