Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Security Analyst
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Job Type: Contract
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly
The Security Analyst is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operations of securing the departments various information systems. Reporting to the Security Risk and Compliance Office Security Manager, the Security Analyst is tasked with providing technical expertise in all areas of network, system, and application security. The Security Analyst works closely with the various teams in the infrastructure department to ensure that systems and networks are always designed, developed, deployed, and managed with an emphasis on strong, effective security and risk management controls. The Security Analyst is responsible for departments vulnerability management program, administers the annual cybersecurity assessments and penetration tests, and researches and reports on emerging threats to help the department take pre-emptive risk mitigation steps. The Security Analyst effectively correlates and analyzes security events to proactively detect threats and mitigate attacks before they occur.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively monitor the environment to detect and implement steps to mitigate cyber-attacks before they occur.
- Provide technical expertise regarding security-related concepts to operational teams within the department and the business.
- Review, investigate, and respond to real-time alerts within the environment.
- Review real-time and historical reports for security and/or compliance violations.
- Monitor online security-related resources for new and emerging cyber threats.
- Assesses new security technologies to determine potential value for the enterprise.
- Conducts vulnerability assessments of department systems and networks.
- Manage systems owned by the Security Risk and Compliance Office (SRCO)
- Liaise with the departments trusted security manage services, infrastructure technical resources, and 3rd party business vendors.
Required Experience and Skills
- A four-year college degree or equivalent industry training and certifications.
- Three to five years of experience in a security analyst or related position.
- Technical knowledge of enterprise-class technologies such as firewalls, routers, switches, wireless access points, VPNs, and desktop and server operating systems.
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft’s enterprise technology platform, including Azure, Active Directory, SQL, and the Windows server and desktop operating systems.
- Thorough understanding of Redhat and Oracle database operating systems.
- Working experience with the following technology vendors and products: Splunk, Tripwire, Rapid7 Nexpose Vulnerability Scanner, Metasploit, Qualys Vulnerability Scanner (Cloud), Delinea Secret Server, Carbon Black Application Protection, Veracode SAST & DAST Technologies.
- Strong writing skills, as well as the ability to articulate security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
- Demonstrated experience implementing and/or enforcing security and compliance frameworks such as NIST, PCI DSS, and ISO.
- Ability to demonstrate self-sufficient working capacity and proficient problem-solving skills.