Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Sr. Accountant
Job Type: Direct Hire
Location: Mankato,MN or Salt Lake City, UT
Work Authorization: US Citizen or Green Card Holder. Will not sponsor visas
Referral Fee: +/- 2000
We are looking for an energetic and passionate Senior Accountant. This is an important role of informing, reporting, and owning the value in the information you provide, where you will influence and guide others to achieve optimal business results. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for GL close and account reconciliation functions. This role will also own the Account Receivables and collection functions. Understanding underlying business processes, this role will be critical to guide improvement and efficiencies throughout the organization. We operate in an ERP standard cost environment where the Senior Accountant will apply principles of cost accounting to analyze the adequacy of standard costs to ensure proper inventory valuation and cost of goods sold.
- Play a vital part in the company’s financial management, which includes all account reconciliations and reporting to necessary parties.
- Execute month-end close processes, including analysis, journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules.
- Collaborate with other members of the accounting and finance team to conduct month, quarter, and year-end close activities, adhering to US GAAP guidelines.
- Perform monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analyses.
- Maintain audit-ready account reconciliations, including intercompany transactions.
- Assist in the design and preparation of yearly budgets and recurring forecasts.
- Manage preparation and analysis of monthly commission statements and payments.
- Other duties as assigned.
AR Function/Collector Functions
- Ownership of the AR function, including generation of invoices and pay apps with clear traceability between underlying customer contracts and billable work completed.
- Business process leader capable of deep diving to identify root causes of underlying business issues preventing customer invoice collection, with follow through to drive improvement and broker internal solutions among other departments.
- Submits invoices to customers through portals or mail as required.
- Research and process customer claims of invoice payment.
- Answers accounts receivable phone inquiries and follows up.
- Maintain tracking system of incoming and late payments and documentation of customer issues and correspondence.
- Manage correspondence to customers, verbal and written, as necessary to update accounts and inquire about past due invoices.
- Monitor and resolve financial discrepancies.
- Monitor the accuracy of customer invoicing.
Cost Accounting Functions
- Analyze results and report variances against budget and expectations. Recommend corrective actions as indicated by performance to meet P&L and working capital targets.
- Detailed analysis for purchase price variances on materials in a standard cost environment.
- Ensure the bill of material and costing accurately reflect production operations.
- Ensure the accuracy of the physical inventory and reported results. Investigate book to physical adjustments made during the cycle and annual inventory counts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 years experience in accounting/finance and in GL reconciliation preparation.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting principles and the accounts receivable process.
- ERP experience in a standard cost environment.
- Good time management; punctual with deadlines; completes work in a timely manner to support department and business goals.
- Demonstrated ability to drive organizational change in and out of the accounting department.
- Required knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other applications related to finance and accounting.
- Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal; able to speak clearly and persuasively in both positive and negative situations; listens and gets clarifications; responds well to questions.
- Customer service skills; responds promptly to customer needs; meets commitments; manages difficult or emotional customer situations with courtesy and effectiveness.
- Understanding of business processes within a manufacturing organization.
- Delivering continuous improvement.
- Sensitive to financial application security and compliant with information confidentiality policies.
- Demonstrated ability to support other departments and team members within the company.
- Attention to detail.
- Occasional up to 25%
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds at times.
- Must be able to travel.