Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Java Developer
Salary Range: 125K – 150K
Referral Fee: $1,000
Employment Eligibility: Gravity will consider US Citizens, Green Card Holders and those with full-time US Employment Authorization (H-1B Candidates). We are also open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements for highly qualified candidates.
Gravity IT is looking for a Java developer to develop Java web applications and web services. This person will work with a team of application developers, engineers, and subject matter experts and will work on the creation of new applications and the replacement of legacy applications. The applications service both the public and internal staff. The candidate will work remotely and must be able to work independently and manage time effectively with the option to come onsite as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Update existing Java web applications to maintain current functionality and provide new enhancements per user requirements.
- Work towards continuous integration/delivery pipelines in Amazon Web Services.
- Use Java web frameworks, with preference given to EJB and JSF.
- External users and systems will authenticate using standards such as OATH2 or OpenAM.
- The web applications and APIs use Postgres to store and query data.
- Ensure that appropriate data security standards are met, and approved data encryption techniques used.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Strong experience with Java web development is required.
- 2 Yrs – Java Core, Java EE (JEE), Java Persistence API (JPA) and The Java Persistence Query Language (JPQL)
- 2 Yrs – Java Server Faces (JSF) / Prime Faces
- 2 Yrs – PostgreSQL SQL, plpgsql
- 1-2 Yrs – developing applications for Amazon Web Services.
- 2 Yrs – Java RESTful Web Services
Nice to Have Experience:
- 1 Yrs – Maven
- 1 Yrs – GitHub and Agile Development
- Experience with JUnit, Arquillian or similar testing framework
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with Continuous Integration Continuous Deployment (CICD)
- Experience with database schema design
- Previous experience developing software applications for federal, state, or county governments.
- Ability to envision system features and functionality.
- Ability to apply SAFe framework to plan and schedule project priorities