Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Java Developer
Salary Range: 125K – 150K
Referral Fee: $1,000
Employment Eligibility: Gravity will consider US Citizens, Green Card Holders and those with full-time US Employment Authorization (H-1B Candidates). We are also open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements for highly qualified candidates.
Gravity IT Resources is seeking a strong Java Developer to support one if its key customers in Utah. In this role, you will work on a team that is responsible for enhancing and optimizing applications to be compatible with AWS cloud environments. The applications and modules to be modernized are part of a large, web-based case management system.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Architects, designs, configures, implements, diagnoses, repairs, upgrades, and optimizes applications that support the agency’s clients, employees, and overall mission.
- Anticipates the impact new or modified software and tools will have on existing systems.
- Participates in the design and implementation of systems that meet user needs.
- Monitors and evaluates operations, programs, processes and/or practices for quality and effectiveness; makes recommendations for improvement.
- Adapts automated system(s) to accommodate special agency needs; designs or enhances agency unique automated systems to interface with existing systems as needed.
- Identifies problems or potential problem areas and recommends solutions.
- Aids other development staff in trouble shooting and answering technical questions
Required Experience & Skills:
- Skill in designing and building customer-facing web applications
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture & creating API’s using REST and SOAP
- Understanding of security principles related to: access, roles, groups, and permissions
- Experience in Core Java, JEE framework
- Experience in using Spring Framework/Spring Boot/Spring Security
- Experience and/or exposure to JPA/Hibernate/JSF
- Experience with AWS technologies, API Gateway, Elastic Beanstalk, Logging, CloudFormation & Terraform scripting knowledge a plus
- Test software using appropriate methodology and techniques
- Understanding of database/data relationship fundamentals, SQL experience a plus
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in GitHub