Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Principal Solutions Architect
Type: Direct Hire
The Principal Solutions Architect is a strategic role within the organization that focuses on enabling future-state business capabilities to drive the organization’s strategy and business outcomes. As a Principal Solutions Architect, you will apply your expertise in existing, new, and emerging technologies to develop software solutions and designs for complex technical and business problems.
In this role, the Principal Solutions Architect will provide technical thought leadership and hands-on solutions design and direction that may include custom/COTS applications, on-premises/Cloud, PCI/PII, and mobile/API-led constructs that compass reliability, scalability, and security for a 24×7 enterprise. She/he will have broad experience and deep understanding of application development with .Net and Java based technologies, service-oriented architecture and integration, SDLC practices, and Cloud platforms; including collaboration among various Business and Software Engineering teams to ensure solutions are designed, implemented, and operational performance is as expected. This candidate will possess excellent leadership skills, ability to influence stakeholders, and hands-on practice of enterprise architecture principles, both on-premises and Cloud.
- Architecture and solutions design, blueprinting, and technical roadmap. Technology experience and preference given to Azure, OutSystems, Sitefinity, Salesforce, Boomi, and Brightspace.
- Ability to quickly grasp Business initiative, understand business process, and determine technical solution options that meet objectives.
- Collaborates with Enterprise Architecture to ensure solutions design supports overall enterprise architecture direction.
- Establishes best practices for the design, build, and support of on-premises and cloud applications.
- Provides hands-on mentoring and coaching of architecture, solutions design, and development practices.
- Researches and establishes technical, design, patterns, and tools best practices and standardizes across software engineering teams.
- Creates and reviews architecture, solution design, data and integration documents for delivery teams and Architecture Review Board.
- Builds prototypes and/or assists software engineers with coding and troubleshooting both on-premises and cloud-based applications.
- Identifies/matures best practices Cloud and API-led designs, microservices, CI/CD, automated testing (regression and load), SCM/Release strategies, and critical operational support.
- Adheres to and promotes compliance with policies and procedures.
- Develops solutions and contributes code as and when necessary.
- Recommends business and architectural processes and design options to optimize technical solutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Principal Solutions Architect does not have any direct or indirect reports. This position reports directly to the Director of Software Engineering.
- Hands-on experience with creating and executing architecture solutions and design for enterprise initiatives, both on-premises and cloud, that include network, storage, and security.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of n-tier, enterprise-scale and distributed application environments.
- Establishment of best practices for technical frameworks, software development including microservices and Kubernetes, design patterns, integration standards, etc.
- Strong hands-on experience and understanding of Service-Oriented and Event-Driven Architecture and integration; Object-Oriented Design (classes, constructors, interfaces, properties, methods, and events) and Namespaces.
- Strong understanding and experience executing SDLC with methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, DevOps, etc.
- Experience with Enterprise Architecture or Data Modeling toolsets like Orbus or ER/Studio.
- Experience with Identity and Access Management (Active Directory, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), OpenID, OAuth, and Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML)).
- Extensive experience in designing, implementing, and deploying solutions on Cloud-based platforms, preference given to Azure.
- In-depth knowledge of architectural best practices, design patterns, governance and security principles.
- Deep understanding of networking concepts, such as virtual networks, subnets, network security groups, firewall, and load balancer.
- Solid experience with performance management, monitoring, logging, error-handling frameworks, and diagnostics/RCA.
- Proficient in Microsoft Azure Services such as Kubernetes, CI/CD, DevOps, App Services, Functions, Storage, SQL Database, Virtual Machines, CLI, PowerShell, Key Vault, and Power Automate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization from engineers to C-Level executives.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively within a team to quickly solve problems.
- Methodical, organized and detail oriented.
- Strong initiative and ability to work with limited supervision and/or without direct supervision.
- Ability to motivate and energize teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Minimum 12+ years of experience in technical architecture, solution design, application development, and application performance.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience working with enterprise architecture, technical architecture, or development frameworks, methodologies, templates, and tools.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience as a Solutions Architect. Technology experience and preference given to Azure, OutSystems, Sitefinity, Salesforce, Boomi, and Brightspace.