Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Director, Program Manager
Location: Tallahassee, FL (On-Site)
Job Type: Contract
Responsible for working collaboratively across different departments to implement projects/programs that help deliver business value, meet financial revenue, operating efficiency, and strategic goals, as well as regulatory requirements. Creates and maintains project plans, monitors progress for multiple projects, acts as liaison between IT and various divisions to prepare presentations for management. Keeps all stakeholders informed of developments on the projects he/she manages. Executes projects covering the full range of the project life cycle — scope definition, requirements gathering, development, testing, implementation, and monitoring and control. Coordinates test plans to meet project requirements and helps drive user acceptance testing to produce quality deliverables.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide both strategic and detailed support to the assistant CIO on significant projects and initiatives.
- Analyze proposals to determine timeframe, funding limitations and appropriate process for accomplishing projects.
- Create long and short-term plans, including setting milestones for targets and adhering to deadlines.
- Delegate tasks on the project to employees best positioned to complete them.
- Make effective decisions across multiple options for how projects should progress.
- Communicate with executives to keep project milestones and delivery schedules aligned.
- Perform quality control on project throughout development to maintain standards expected.
Required Experience & Skills:
- 10+ years of demonstrated success in Information Technology (IT).
- 5+ years of experience managing projects and experience with projects in multiple technologies and business functions
- 5+ years of experience leading a team in problem solving and risk management of a project.
- 5+ years of experience making relationships across a matrixed enterprise with excellent and efficient communication.
- PMP Certification
- Agile Certifications (ideally PMI-ACP).
- State or Federal Government experience highly preferred.