Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Network & Phone System Engineer
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Job Type: Direct Hire
Referral Bonus: $2,000
The role of the Network and Phone System Engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the clinics network and telecommunications infrastructure. This role is to ensure the stability and integrity of voice, data, video, and wireless network services. This role will collaborate closely with the Chief Systems Architect, Chief Information Officer, and other IT resources to execute the technology roadmap in alignment with the overall strategic plan. The Network & Phone Systems Engineer will also work closely with other internal and external resources as needed to perform their duties.
- Education: A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field is preferred. However, industry experience and relevant certifications may be considered in place of a degree. i.e., Cisco Networking or Cisco Contact Center Certifications or CompTIA Network+ are a plus.
- Experience: A minimum of 5 years of experience in design, implementation and support of enterprise network and telecommunication environments. Ideally the candidate will have experience in medium to large environments. Past experience in healthcare organization is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Technical expertise: The ideal candidate should have experience or proficiency in configuring routers, switches, firewalls, VLANs, VPNs and other network devices according to design specifications. The ideal candidate should have some experience in support of enterprise phone systems including call center systems, call routing, etc. The candidate must have experience monitoring network performance, availability, and security to ensure optimal operation. Ability to maintain routine tasks, such as firmware updates and patching. Ability to troubleshoot and resolve networkphone system outages and performance issues in a timely manner. Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation, including network and phone system diagrams, configurations, and inventory records. Analyze network and phone system usage patterns to plan for capacity upgrades and improvements as the organization grows. Provide guidance and support in maintaining phone extensions, call routing, voicemail and auto-attendant systems as needed.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills: The Network and Phone System Engineer must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and solve complex issues efficiently and effectively.
- Knowledge of industry regulations: The candidate should have a thorough understanding of industry regulations, such as HIPAA and HITECH, and ensure that all systems are designed and implemented in compliance with these regulations.
- Collaborating with stakeholders: The Network and Phone System Engineer should be able to collaborate with stakeholders across the organization, including business leaders, IT teams, and external partners. They must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders to ensure that everyone is aligned and working towards the same goals.
- Providing technical leadership: The Network and Phone System Engineer should provide technical guidance to the technology team, leveraging their expertise in the technology landscape, industry trends, and emerging technologies to ensure that the organization is utilizing the most efficient and effective solutions.
- Adaptability: The Network and Phone System Engineer should be able to adapt to new technologies, software, and regulatory changes that arise as healthcare IT systems continue to evolve.
- Project management skills: The ideal candidate should possess experience in project management, including planning, budgeting, and tracking progress to ensure timely project delivery.
- Technology budgets: The Network and Phone System Engineer should collaborate with the Chief Systems Architect and Chief Information Officer to provide input on technology budgets for projects and initiatives.
- Ensuring system security and stability: The Network and Phone System Engineer is responsible for ensuring that the organization’s technology systems are secure and stable. They should work closely with the Chief Systems Architect, Chief Information Officer, and security teams to ensure that systems are protected from potential threats.