Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Business Analyst
Location: Hybrid onsite – Deerfield Beach, FL
Job-Type: Contract to Hire
Referral Fee: +/- $1,500
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly.
Our client is a $18B, Fortune 200 company in the automotive retailing, distribution and services industry. They are currently ranked in the Top 20 companies to work for in the US by Fortune Magazine, Top 20 best companies for diversity and have an amazing work culture and impressive long-term growth prospects.
- Prior experience working as a BA in Agile delivery team is required. Building User Stories according to the requirements and making sure that they meet the acceptance criteria.
- Organizing the Product Backlog based on the prioritization provided by the Product Owner.
- Serve as a business advisor whose primary role is to support the Product Owner by analyzing, facilitating dialogue, and getting the correct information to the product owner.
- The Analyst provides customers with a high quality and consistent level of proactive and professional IT service, in an effort to maintain, enhance and implement technology solutions that enable business processes and operations. The analyst will work to create and maintain positive customer relationships that bolster open communication, reliability, trust, and service loyalty.
- Accountable for managing and delivering support requests, enhancements and projects for assigned Business Unit / Products. This includes the planning, troubleshooting, facilitation of problem solving, and communicating of a variety of requests, incidents, and problems independently within multiple areas.
- Collaborate with external and internal customers and vendors to analyze business needs and work with teams on solutions.
- Cross-training to learn applications across the assigned Business Unit application portfolio.
- Learn the processes and tools needed to perform the role effectively.
- Serve as the conduit between the business partners and the technical team through triage, research, requirements, testing, and support.
- Collaborate with technology teams, business teams, vendors and subject matter experts to perform daily activities.
- Lead in identifying the business impact of system issues and facilitate communication as appropriate to stakeholders.
- Lead assigned initiatives. Communicate status, issues or risks to management and stakeholders.
- Perform on-call responsibilities including nights, holidays and weekends.
- Elicit, understand, interpret and represent functional and nonfunctional requirements to include business and stakeholder requirements, data and information requirements, data integration, metadata, data quality, service levels and performance.
- Plan and facilitate requirement gathering workshops using a variety of techniques such as Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions, interviewing, brainstorming, job shadowing, user stories.
- Document business, system processes and requirements when applicable.
- Engage and communicate with senior management as appropriate.
- Elicitation, organization, translation, analysis and prioritization of both technical and business level functional requirements
- User story creation and backlog grooming in partnership with product own
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Agile Methodology
- Business analysis
- Business strategy
- Strategic planning
- Platform/system knowledge
- Information security knowledge
- Managerial courage
- PLUS: expereince working within an AI environment or an AI project