Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Desktop Technician
Job Type: Direct Hire
Location: Palm Springs, California
Job Objective: A brief overview of the position.
- The position is primarily responsible for addressing and resolving end user issues as they are escalated from help desk support staff at a premier Healthcare system in Coachella Valley.
- Required: Associates Degree coursework completed in IT related field or an additional 1 year of applicable IT experience in lieu of Associates Degree coursework
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in IT or Computer Science or equivalent or 4 years of applicable IT experience
- Required: Valid CA driver’s license
- Preferred: Relevant personal computer support technology certification
- Required: 1 years as desktop technician or similar onsite computer technician role servicing/deploying computer equipment OR 2 years as desktop technician or similar onsite computer technician role servicing/deploying computer equipment in lieu of Associates Degree coursework.
- Preferred: 4 years as desktop technician or onsite computer technician role servicing/deploying computer equipment
- Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
- Responsible for supporting the workstation and various infrastructure
- Installs, troubleshoots, and maintains PC and client applications.
- Maintains an SR’s completed/hours worked ratio of 0.75 or better. Exceptions will be recognized by the Desktop Manager and / or Director of Technology due to other projects.
- Supports the IS Application Analysts, Operations, and Network Support staff and other I.S. project staff during and post implementation of I.S. projects.
- Analyzes current systems and processes in order to identify opportunities for improvement in customer experience, productivity, infrastructure or other improvement or cost savings.
- Ensures IT security best practices are followed at all times.
- Checks ticket management and project work queues daily. Updates SR’s and project tasks as they are worked on until tasks are complete. Weekly updates of SR if it has not been addressed or completed.
- Closes SR’s and project tasks in tracking system within 24 hours of completion of work. Communicates completion of SR’s and project tasks directly to customer in person or via email. If email is not available, written notification is required.
- Labels and stores equipment as needed after closing SR’s.
- Ensures that documentation/notes are added to all SR’s as they are in progress.
- Orders parts or supplies that are used in the course of SR completion by using HEMM or a PO requisitioning form. Requisition numbers are documented in the SR notes field.
- Facilitates cooperation between IS staff members, vendors, and customers to troubleshoot, identify and resolve system needs, modifications, and/or issues. Works with these groups to reach resolution of issues and/or define necessary modifications.
- Advises Director or Manager of any issues that could relate to customer satisfaction.
- Ensures documentation is continually kept up to date and new documents will be added for all encountered issues and resolutions.
- Retires company assets as needed. Notifies manager if equipment needs to be disposed.
- Performs other written and oral status reporting to IS management and customers on a regular basis as needed or as requested.
- Ensures workstation has standard software installed such as LANDesk, Antivirus and CSA at each PC visit. Validates computer account is located in the correct Active Directory OU location.
- Participates in rotating 24 hour on-call schedule as may be needed.
- Communicates changes to Systems Administrators, Operations and Analysts as needed.
- Keeps all tools clean and in a secured (stored) environment when not in use.
- Keeps Desktop area neat and clean. This includes all storage areas, bench and personal space.
- Maintains Active Directory structure for computer, user and auto logon objects. All objects are placed in the correct location. Objects are relocated as needed when equipment is repurposed.
- Ensures that retired workstation data is destroyed and documents the details in the Disk Destruction Log before the PC is disposed.
- Locks or logs off workstation whenever not present at machine.
- Completes daily rounding first thing in the morning of assigned area.
- Performs other duties as assigned