Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Sr. Accountant
Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Direct Hire
Referral Bonus: $2,000
Founded in 2003, our client has grown from a single veterinary practice to over 400+ primary, specialty, and acute veterinary hospitals throughout the US.
Our client leads the industry with empathy and continues to raise the bar on fundamental and holistic care of veterinary caregivers through industry-first financial, mental, and physical well-being programs.
The Senior Accountant role is responsible for preparing and reviewing a variety of balance sheet reconciliations and month-end journal entries related to Insurance, Accrued Liabilities, and Inventory. The Senior Accountant will also serve a similar function related to journal entry creation and trend analysis for cost of goods sold (COGS) and select operating expense accounts (OPEX). In addition, this position is responsible for the preparation of financial statements related to several management practices outside the company.
- Perform month-end close duties in accordance with established closing schedule, including but not limited to preparation of journal entries, accruals, adjustments, and amortizations.
- Preparation and review of balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Preparation of the monthly cost of goods sold accrual that requires analyzing large data sets to prepare vendor trend analysis and lag tables to assist in determining appropriate accrual.
- Preparation and review of quarterly Inventory valuation entries based on data received from multiple departments and data sets.
- Analyze and explain factors driving balance sheet and operating expense fluctuations during monthly P&L review related to COGS, OPEX, and Insurance accounts.
- Liaise with external auditors for mid-year and year-end financial statement audits to include preparation of audit schedules and analysis for assigned accounts.
- Assist internal audit with implementation of SOX controls in related areas and ensure ongoing compliance.
- Prepare managed practice financial reporting package to include Balance Sheet, Income Statement, and Statement of Cash Flow.
- Management of semi-monthly cash flow funding for a managed practice which includes an estimate versus actual cash and expense tracking.
- Assists with ad hoc projects and requests from upper management as needed.
- Minimum of two to five years of experience in accounting.
- BA/BS degree in accounting.
- Proficient in GAAP accounting and the ability to apply theory to practice
- Previous experience in a complex, multi-unit organization is a strong plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including advanced skills in Excel (advanced formulas, pivot tables).
- Strong organization, documentation, and communication skills.
- Critical thinker and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize multiple deliverables.
- Ability to proactively identify and assist in implementing opportunities for continuous improvement.