Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Application Engineer
Job Type: Direct Hire
Location: Dayton OH or Boston MA
Work Authorization: US Citizen or Green Card Holders, will not sponsor visas.
Referral Fee: We will pay +/- $3000 if your referred candidate gets an offer!
Participates in the design, implementation, and maintenance of assigned multi-tiered and major business applications in use within the Firm. Participates in application functional integration, updating, packaging requirements, configuration, support (troubleshooting and level 3 support), design and technical documentation for these assigned applications. Acts as Technical Reference User for designated applications to ensure that the Firm is fully leveraging tools within its applications portfolio.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in application packaging requirements, configuration, design, and customization for large, complex, or Firm-wide applications.
- Acts as Technical Reference User for assigned applications, frequently working with Business Reference User(s) to understand how applications are used at the firm.
- Performs application deployments, upgrades and patch planning.
- Maintains awareness of technology developments and makes recommendations to the User Applications Manager
- Participates in software licensing and support agreement discussions.
- Assists with resolution of escalated incidents and participates in problem management activities. Assumes ownership of level 3 support and troubleshooting of assigned applications.
- Assists in evaluating the business relevance and requirements of applications and upgrades under consideration.
- Serves as a resource for small application-specific development requests.
- Designs, configures, codes, and documents business systems and assigned application software.
- Addresses special requests from Information Services and other computer users.
- Excellent skills with core desktop productivity applications, such as Microsoft Office, including Outlook and Teams.
- Experience supporting or administering legal specific software including – IPDAS, CPI, Court Alert, viDesktop, Contract Express and Litéra Innova (or similar document creation software).
- Ability to work effectively with customers and technical colleagues in team-oriented environments.
- Good oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit technical documentation.
- Ability to work successfully and independently in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft OS-based desktop, server, and database systems. Good knowledge of Microsoft networking concepts and common infrastructure.
- Good knowledge of server hardware, server storage and other infrastructure, client/server applications, and server utilities.
- Troubleshooting experience with PC desktop applications in an enterprise environment.
- 3-5 years’ experience in applications and services integration and/or development, with significant specialization in one or more areas of the above-mentioned areas of technology.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience working in a Windows environment including some exposure to Windows programming languages and relational databases.
- 3-5 years’ experience in application analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of education requirements.