Gravity IT Resources
Director – Data Technologies
This position will be responsible for building a team of exceptional data technologists and data functional analysts to enable a data-driven culture at a Fortune 200 Company. The Director will closely partner with the Data and Insights organization. The Director will help to enable the transformation journey and closely align with Business Transformation. Aligning with leaders across the organization the Director will lead a team that develops a program to accelerate data conversion in support of various initiatives driving the Business Transformation. This role will partner with our Data and Insights organization to create a roadmap to accomplish the vision, deliver technical leadership, and support the efforts of the Enterprise Data & Insights to empower and enable business and technology partners.
- Evaluate, select, and implement cutting-edge tools and technologies that enhance the efficiency and quality of data conversion process.
- Define roadmap and identify improvements to the data extraction and third-party conversion process based on experience, ensuring a scalable process.
- Assure quality data conversion for the Global Systems across different initiatives.
- Lead recruitment, onboarding, and training of the Data Conversion team
- Oversee the extraction of data from various third-party vendors, ensuring data accuracy, integrity, and compliance with industry standards.
- Plans, coordinates, and administers all functions in support of the ERP Cloud data conversion, including database definitions, structures, documentation, and data conversion standards.
- Lead a roadmap that accelerates data ahead of ERP rollout timeline.
- Partner with required relevant parties to streamline methodologies, processes, and responsibilities.
- Lead, mentor, and inspire a team of data professionals, including ETL Software Development Specialists, Data Extractors, and data shepherds.
- Direct the data migration process from third-party systems to our proprietary database schema.
- Assure organizational structure includes well-defined positions with built-in career paths for management and technical growth paths.
- Assure a high morale level to maintain a high retention rate.
- Enforce data quality standards provided by the Governance team, validating the accuracy, completeness, and reliability of migrated data.
- Implement robust data validation and testing processes.
- Identify and execute on further automation opportunities.
- Implement monitoring and reporting mechanisms to track the performance and health of data conversion processes.
- Proactively address anomalies or issues promptly to deliver high-quality converted data.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of ETL processes, data flows, transformations, and integration methodologies.
- Maintain and coordinate communication with stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or foreign equivalent) in the field of Information Technology or Business
- 12 years of work experience needed if a degree is not in Business or IT related field.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Proven history of successful ERP data conversion project (preferably to Oracle ERP Cloud)
- 12+ years in Data / Technology roles with increasing levels of responsibility
- 8+ years Leading teams or experience building teams from scratch.
- 7+ years managing activities related to the maintenance of data, or metadata strategy, standards, and quality.
- 7+ years hands-on experience creating, maintaining, and retiring enterprise-scale programs that are flexible, responsive, and deliver value aligned to strategic objectives (preferred)
- 7+ years working cross-functionally to align data with security architecture, information security, and privacy standards (preferred)
- 7+ years working in the Manufacturing and/or Consumer Products industry (Preferred)
- Deep knowledge of data tools and platforms best practices
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication
- Ability to take on complex challenges and coordinate with software development teams and business
- Demonstrable experience increasing delivery team maturity around key data architecture practices, including but not limited to architecture tradeoff management, metrics definition and analysis, and data architectural debt management
- This Director will have 3 Managers as direct reports. Those managers will each have 3+ people under them.
- We NEED this person to have already completed ERP conversion successfully in the past. This team is moving from legacy to Oracle ERP Cloud, but any ERP is acceptable.
- There will be 3 rounds of interviewing.
- Round 1 – 30 minute phone call with member of TA team
- Round 2 – 1 hour video meeting with Hiring Manager
- Round 3 – 1 hour video meeting with Business Executive
- This role is eligible for 15% annual bonus and stock options.