Gravity IT Resources
Job Description: Automation and Performance Test Manager
As an Automation and Performance Test Manager, you will play a crucial role in leading and managing the automation and performance testing team. You will collaborate with development, application, Devops, product and vendor teams to establish and oversee automation and performance test strategies, frameworks, and execution. Your responsibilities will encompass managing a team of automation and performance testers, integrating automation and performance testing into CI/CD pipelines, monitoring system performance, and driving continuous improvement initiatives.
- Oversee and lead a team of automation and performance test engineers.
- Establish automation and performance testing strategies and guidelines for projects.
- Collaborate with Development, QA, Application/Product, Devops and vendor teams to align automation and performance testing activities with project requirements.
- Work closely with Project and Application leads to support test initiatives.
- Develop and maintain high-quality, flexible, and scalable automation and performance test frameworks.
- Drive continuous improvement in automation and performance test automation tools, coverage, and quality.
- Integrate automation and performance tests into CI/CD pipelines to ensure continuous testing efforts.
- Collaborate with the CI/CD team to enhance automation and performance testing processes.
- Monitor test execution and provide detailed reports on system function and performance.
- Collaborate with application monitoring solutions like Datadog APM, Prometheus, and Grafana.
- Collaborate with multiple vendors involved in the delivery of end-to-end performance test initiatives.
- Develop continuous improvement plans from a automation and performance test perspective for existing application changes.
- Evaluate and implement progressive automation techniques for improved efficiency.
- Spearhead the management and execution of automation testing strategies focused on enhancing application resiliency, ensuring robust performance under stress and failure conditions.
- 12+ years of experience in performance testing and automation.
- Proficiency in recognizing and coaching talent in the transition from contractors to full time associates.
- Strong leadership skills with a passion for software quality and continuous improvement.
- Experience with performance test tools such as grafana-k6, LoadRunner, and other relevant tools.
- Familiarity with progressive automation techniques like BDD, POM, OOP, test containerization, and test parallelization.
- Proficient with Rest/GraphQL API, Datadog APM monitoring, and Prometheus/Grafana monitoring.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent Software Engineering experience.
- Experience with 3rd party digital e-commerce platforms.
- Familiarity with CI/CD, containerization, and cloud platforms (Azure, AWS).