Gravity IT Resources
|Gravity is seeking a Senior Associate to join our client’s Global Financial Services ERM and GRC Advisory practice, with a focus on Operational Risk management service delivery. The Senior Associate role is primarily responsible for supporting the delivery, development, implementation, and management of an effective Operational Risk Management Program for our client(s). This includes executing and enhancing various foundational elements of the Operational Risk program for the client(s) and ensuring those elements operate effectively and in a sustainable manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Risk Assessment
- Facilitate and conduct comprehensive risk and control self-assessments (RCSA) across key bank processes and systems to identify and evaluate operational risks.
- Document process flows and comprehensive risk and control descriptions, specific to the bank’s operations.
- Analyze data and information to assess impact and likelihood of identified risks.
- Regulatory Compliance
- Knowledge of industry standards risk management approaches: OCC Heightened Standards, OCC Enhanced Prudential Standards, Basel, COSO, etc.
- Policy Development
- Assist in the development and enhancement of operational risk policies, procedures, and standards for banking clients.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure that policies align with industry best practices and regulatory expectations.
- Risk Monitoring and Reporting
- Assist in establishing key operational risk indicators and implementing monitoring processes and reporting dashboards.
- Assist in the preparation of management and committee risk reporting, highlighting the status of operational risks, emerging trends, and recommended actions and mitigation strategies.
- Training and Awareness
- Conduct and facilitate training sessions to raise awareness of operational risk within the client’s organization.
- Provide guidance to clients on risk program and mitigation strategies and industry best practices.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of operational risk best practices within the financial services industry including, but not limited to, RCSAs, scenario analysis, and incident management.
- Have a structured and determined approach to work, display a keen sense of attention to detail.
- Ability to interact comfortably with senior management, articulate issues clearly and succinctly, and to challenge existing views.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrate the ability to act with integrity and maturity.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Experience & Education
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in operational risk management within the financial services and/or banking industry
- Bachelor’s degree is required. MBA preferred.
- Prior Risk Advisory and/or Consulting experience is preferred.