Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Clinical Systems Analyst/ Technical Business Analyst
Location: Remote (EST/CST Hours) – 25-30% Travel Required
Work Authorization: USC/GC Holder
Job Type: Contract-to-Hire
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements)
- 5-6+ years’ experience with large hospital applications/systems
- Epic application certification desired (Clin Doc preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Professional Licensure preferred (RN, etc.)
- This is a hybrid remote/on-site role
- Employee will need to be available to work onsite at the Medical Center for planned activities, including but not limited to:
- Implementation support
- Training activities
- Must have a proven track record of being able to work independently and as part of a cohesive team operating in a remote environment.
- Attributes for a successful candidate will include:
- Attitude – Maintains a positive attitude, welcomes and incorporates feedback, and shows appreciation for colleagues, patients, partners and customers in a consistent manner, enthusiasm about working with a great team.
- Teamwork – Demonstrates great teamwork, shares information with others, responsive with all communications/deliverables, collaborates with the team to resolve open issues, and anticipates the needs of colleagues in a consistent manner.
- Service Delivery – Takes personal ownership of issues, ensures a high degree of accuracy with all communications/deliverables, completes tasks according to committed timelines, demonstrates excellent service recovery, and communicates with customers in a consistent manner.
- Service Management – Actively monitors assigned tickets, documents activities thoroughly, and resolves issues within the established service levels in a consistent manner Workflow Analysis – Under direction of senior team members, performs workflow analysis and design with input and guidance from key operational leadership.
- Facilitates workflow adoption on new processes.
- Experience should include:
- Testing – Participates in system testing events by designing, editing, and executing scripts.
- Ability to accurately document and report any noted errors or deficiencies.
- Upgrades/Optimizations – Provides support to department/end users during system upgrade and optimization activities Projects and New System Implementations – Executes assigned tasks under the supervision of senior team members/management.
- Issue Resolution – Utilizes system knowledge and available resources to address routine issues.
- Provides input, and acts as a team resource by taking notes or other support activities.
- Training – Ability to develop and maintain training content for users.