Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: D365 Architect
Location: Deerfield Beach, FL (3 days onsite)
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly.
Our client is a $20B, Fortune 200 company in the automotive retailing, distribution and services industry. They are currently ranked in the Top 20 companies to work for in the US by Fortune Magazine, Top 20 best companies for diversity and have an amazing work culture and impressive long-term growth prospects.
This role will be accountable for the design and implementation of Microsoft Dynamics D365 F&O business solutions. They will assist in identifying and creatively solving complex business problems, envisioning and enabling critical processes, and fundamentally helping the business to achieve their objectives. This individual must be effective in fostering relationships at every level of the organization and become a trusted advisor with first point of escalation for any solution issues. The candidate should be a self-driven individual with excellent communication, organization, and functional skills to support the Financial & Supply Chain solution. The candidate is expected to have vast experience in general accounting & supply chain practices so that they can effectively comprehend business requirements and design the appropriate solution within the Dynamics 365 F&O platform. They will also serve as a F&O solution expert to support system analysts, developers and business leads. This individual will be assigned to projects to provide leadership and be the primary accountable person for the design and delivery of the solution for the business initiative.
- The Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations (D365 F&O) Functional Architect leads successful implementations and focuses on solutions to address a broad range of business needs. The individual must apply advanced analysis skills and experience in D365 F&O to provide reliable design solutions with focus on quality and long-term sustainability of the platform. Apart from the industry experience, D365 F&O Functional Architect must possess deep knowledge of multiple Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations solutions, specifically in the areas of Finance, Supply Chain, Advanced Warehouse Management, and Project Accounting.
- Partner with Business team to collect and analyze business requirement.
- Team up with project team to define requirements for Microsoft D365 F&O including, but not limited to, workflows, data imports and exports, automation, and optimization opportunities.
- Evaluates business requirements and high-level designs for delivering proper solutions. Analyze and comprehend user stories, business processes, non-functional requirements, system capabilities, customization, integration, process design and system implementations to effectively translate requirements to specifications and/or represent the business team as a Subject Matter Expert in design workshops.
- Assesses risks, anticipates bottlenecks, provides escalation management, and collaborates to drive toward mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Collaborate with other architects, developers, and engineers to create synergies and drive technology reuse within and across projects.
- Collaborate with Development Managers, IT & Business Directors and IT & Business VPs to help gain consensus and drive decisions needed for projects or initiatives.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts, Developers, Technical Leads, and Project Managers to ensure that D365 F&O solutions are delivered on time and to specifications.
- Perform Microsoft D365 F&O configurations within the system and communicate customization requirements to technical team.
- Assist in building and implementing SIT and UAT testing scenarios.
- Coordinate with the technical team and business stakeholders to assess impact for any planned service outages and feature releases with Microsoft D365 F&O and develop plans for testing and/or mitigating risks.
- Stay up to date with the latest D365 F&O features and technologies to provide innovative solutions to business requirements.
- Approval of detailed functional designs with focus on adherence to enterprise standards, reusability and sustainability.
- Provide recommendations that yield efficiencies in technology support costs and improve performance while meeting customer requirements.
- Translate highly technical problems in a manner that can be understood in business terms to a variety of audiences including project managers and business executives.
- Driving desired outcomes and decisions through trust and influence.
- Drives to effectively resolve and provide awareness for issues and risks.
- Manages the partner relationship to ensure delivery of work done by 3rd party partners or vendors.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated work experience in ERP technologies with 5+ years in Dynamics 365 F&O.
- Dynamics F&O Financial & SCM knowledge. (Must)
- Must be able to demonstrate strong understanding of financial accounting & supply chain practices, processes, GAAP, and financial reporting in a corporate environment.
- Experience and knowledge of software design, application integration, and data integration.
- Capable of thinking through problems in a systematic and logical manner in order to produce solutions.
- Previous track record delivering the full project life cycle.
- Strong industry and D365 Finance and Operations product knowledge in both Finance & Supply Chain Management.
- Experience with Agile & Waterfall project methodologies
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps and LCS.
- Experience in designing and implementing ISVs and IPs (e.g. Annata, SK-Global, etc)
- Strong organization, facilitation, analytical and deductive reasoning skills.
- Strong oral communication, written and presentation skills.
- Understanding of various project management methodologies (Waterfall, Iterative, Agile).
- Strong leadership capabilities and executive presence.
- Attention to detail.
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- Coaching, mentoring, and influencing.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Strong vendor relationship management.