Gravity IT Resources
Job: Test Lead
The Test Lead will be part of the Test Management Organization. This position leads and directs projects as part of a high performing quality assurance team participating in the delivery of quality software. This role is responsible for leading the creation of project test plans and strategy in partnership with application/product owners, developers, business analysts, and project managers, to verify code and check conformance to system requirements. This individual will provide leadership across the board for all manual and automated testing to ensure that all deliverables are completed successfully and on time.
- Able to lead testing activities on large enterprise projects or multiple smaller projects concurrently, including delivery of test strategy, test plan, and test status.
- Responsible to communicate and report status and issues to QA Leader as required.
- Assists in conducting interviews, evaluating potential candidates, and onboarding of new resources.
- Has delivery experience leading projects through a standard software testing methodology (test planning, test scope identification, test case development, test execution, and defect management).
- Oversees project to make sure work is scheduled based on priorities, risks, and team strengths and assist with assignment of resources.
- Demonstrate leadership accountability for testing on the projects assigned.
- Exhibit confident, tactful oral communication with peers and IT leaders.
- Develop and deliver formal written communication to IT and Business leaders with support from QA Leader.
- Deliver day-to-day assignments with a high level of quality and attention to detail.
- Independently drive issues to closure, escalating to leadership as needed.
- Assist in identifying process improvement opportunities and implement solutions when appropriate.
- Apply a systematic approach to data gathering and analysis to make key decisions that are supported by facts.
- Successfully multi-tasks across project and non-project assignments, delivering on time with direction on priority from QA Manager.
- 7-10 years of experience in the testing domain with demonstrated test leadership experience.
- Retail experience preferred.
- Experience leading complex projects with integration for solutions and applications within the Omni Channel space.
- Strong understanding of Software Development Lifecycle methodologies (Agile, Iterative, Waterfall).
- Experience leading projects with multiple teams and integration across multiple applications, including, Point of Sale, Order/Product Hub, Web, Pricing and Promotions, SAP CAR, and Reporting.
- Experience delivering testing services in an onshore/offshore model.
- Experience working with and coordinating with automation and performance testing.
- Strong experience with HP ALM/JIRA, or other test and defect management tools.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proactive participation in team environment.
- Strong documentation and communication skills.
- Takes pride in delivering quality work to meet the needs of clients and customers.