Gravity IT Resources
Applications Developer – IT Applications
The Application Developer is an experienced web developer who has a general understanding of backend development principles in one or more programming languages and has previous relevant experience with agile or iterative development. This individual contributor will have the curiosity to learn the latest technologies, keep up with the latest frameworks and IT trends, and work in a fast-paced retail environment. As a member of a dynamic agile product team, the Application Developer will work closely with a diverse group of cross-functional partners to deliver a best-in-class customer experience, aligned with business goals and objectives.
- Develop performant and scalable features/solutions that satisfy technical specs and acceptance criteria.
- Research and analyze existing systems and technologies.
- Implement and maintain third-party integrations and feeds.
- Builds strong customer relationships and maintains a strong customer focus.
- Participate in the estimation of the product team’s work.
- Proactively communicate status, questions, and issues to technical lead/manager
- Establish strong team and peer relationships.
- Follow the established processes, policies, standards, and procedures to assure compliance with corporate and regulatory policies and standards.
- Maintain technical and support documentation.
- Stay current with what is happening in the retail industry and technology to bring those ideas to the table.
- 2-5 years of experience in relevant technologies
- Experience developing on leading Enterprise E-commerce Platforms
- Working knowledge with CI/CD tracking tools (Jenkins, Teamcity etc.)
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD) and unit test suites like Jtest.
- Experience with JSON, XML, HTML, and CSS
- Experience with consuming RESTful web services.
- Working knowledge of version control systems such as Git or Bitbucket
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Working knowledge of developer management tools such as Jira & Confluence
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud Experience
- Experience with Salesforce Composable Commerce, or PWA Kit
- Experience with building with microservices-based architecture.
- Experience creating and managing API integrations and data feeds.
- Analysis and debugging skills to quickly identify the root cause for resolution (small complexity)
- Working knowledge of database concepts including SQL, working knowledge of noSQL is a plus.
- Collaborative, inclusive, and flexible team member
- Strong problem-solving, decision-making, and analytical abilities
- Organized, detail-oriented, level-headed, and flexible at all times.
- Desire to learn and to adapt to changing technology.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience