Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Sitecore Developer
Location: Remote (FL)
Job Type: Contract
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly
As a Sitecore Developer, you will design, produce, and implement software solutions on .NET platform, utilizing Sitecore technology, in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment. You will also develop innovative solutions to support BayCare Healthcare Systems strategic direction. Work closely with a team of business analysts, web and database developers and software engineers to develop new product offerings and improve existing ones. Provide technical guidance and consulting across the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with Development team on software development efforts from a technology perspective. This involves being intimately involved with all technical activities within the team (software development lifecycle activities, code reviews, research, etc.)
- Develop applications and websites that support business strategy and requirements, emphasizing on quality, performance, scalability, security and maintainability.
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of emerging developments and trends in technology that could impact current projects and influence new projects.
- Plan and assist development team with technical Enterprise Architecture, including both short- and long-term strategies for retiring certain legacy systems, integrating existing systems and new systems implementation recommendations.
- Assist as needed in identifying IT standards and policies and ensures that they are followed and enforced.
- Establishment and enforcement of coding standards and practices
- Follow team process by entering and tracking implementation information including work items and tasks in Microsoft Azure DevOps)
- Creation and delivery of detailed technical presentations to IT peers, business stakeholders, and management as needed.
- Creating prototypes and authoring detailed interaction specifications
Required Experience and Skills
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Sitecore CMS development
- 4 – 7 total years’ experience in software design and implementation in distributed, multi- tier, heterogeneous client systems using structured, object-oriented languages.
- Minimum 6 years full-time software development experience in an enterprise environment
- 4-7 years experience with object-oriented design and implementation with expert knowledge of OO languages (C#), distributed systems, web services, etc.
- Minimum 4-7 years of C# and MS SQL Server (T-SQL)
- Experience with Agile software development practices
- Experience in source control systems like Azure, GIT
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and diagrammatic skills
- Familiarity with field and lab-based usability research methodologies
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems.
- Must be well organized and have an eye for detail.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Sitecore Certified Professional Developer (version 8,9,10)
- Note: If you are hired with version 8 or 9, you will be required to obtain version 10 within 6 months of hire.