Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: SVP of Sales, Healthcare IT Strategy
Job Type: Direct-Hire
Location: Remote (5% travel required, US)
Work Authorization: USC/GC
Key things to know:
This is a heavy new business development role upfront. You will be leveraging new and existing networks within the Healthcare ecosystem to build a new revenue stream. The ideal candidate will have 10-15 sales experience and a minimum of 5+ selling to healthcare provider personas. As the book of business is built the role breakdown will hit ideal state at 40% business development (new and expansion), 40% billable to your client in a consulting fashion and 20% as a people/ project leader.
Our client is well established, having 28 years in Healthcare IT consulting industry. The founder recently sold to private equity, which is putting the organization on an expanded growth path. They are looking to grow both organically and through M&A activity. This hire will have the opportunity to help blaze new revenue streams. If this hire’s ideas and initiatives can be monetized, are ethical, and contribute to the focus areas of the business they will fully support their efforts. The SVP of HIT will report to SVP but also have direct access to the President.
The candidate will be capable of complementing this organization’s current capabilities and supporting their desired growth into new markets/services. Current capabilities are as follows:
- Full HIT project management services
- Vendor vetting expertise and vendor contracting
- IT assessment, including cyber security assessments
- EPIC CommunityConnect arrangements between hospital and their medical staff
- IT integration and data migration
- Vendor certification for specialized support, primarily through our IC network
The successful candidate must have a proven track record of successful HCIT marketing and business development. A combination of acute care hospital and consulting experience is highly desirable as is a strong professional network. A college degree is required, and an MHA or MBA is highly preferred. The successful candidate will possess at least 10 to 15 years of healthcare information technology experience. The selected candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter; they will possess excellent leadership and interpersonal skills as well as a high energy level. Well-developed podium and boardroom skills are a necessity. The ability to contribute, manage and excel in a diverse culture comprised of multiple service lines with a complete focus on client service is essential.
In addition, they must have the ability to identify and capitalize on potential new consulting service opportunities within the HIT service line. The chosen professional will be expected to strike a balance between practical and visionary with the ability to inspire all of his/her colleagues. Most importantly, the candidate would be someone recognizable as an industry thought leader in the realm of digital transformation, will have spoken on current topics of HIT and have current publications. An added bonus would be a candidate who has worked directly with major health systems, with an established network of loyal decision makers and past clients.
In addition to the above, the successful candidate will have established relationships with all the major EHR vendors and will have previous engagements involving these platforms. IT technical or programming skills are not necessary, but the candidate must understand tech at a high level and be capable of communicating with clients who are very tech savvy. Specifically, the candidate will have demonstrated a history of driving high growth and capabilities of selling and growing the services defined in Exhibit II, with an emphasis on the new services we have identified as growth opportunities.
Other Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate:
- Unrelenting focus on quality
- High degree of ethical values, honesty, and frankness are of the utmost importance in the culture of this organization
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask and stay on point
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, working with senior leadership.
- Ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously and prioritize.
- Builder of bench strength and effective delegator
- Use experience and market awareness to develop and coordinate market penetration most beneficial to HIT and other service lines
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Adept at closing a deal and capable of layering projects, i.e., taking existing projects to the next level
- Understanding of the HIT aspects of clinical integration including MACRA, MIPS and the impact of reimbursement moving from volume to value
- Coach, mentor, and motivate junior consultants
- Light spirited and optimistic
- Confident, even when in unchartered waters, willing to stretch beyond comfort zone