Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Audio Video Engineer
Location: Huntsville, AL
Job-Type: Contract/Contract to Hire
Referral Fee: $1200+
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly
Gravity is looking for an experienced Audio Video Engineer to become the newest member of our client's team in Huntsville, AL. These programmers will need to have experience with AMX and will complete and lead projects in the Audio/Visual field.
The successful candidate will possess a technical background involving software integration and background in healthcare. The ability to create strategies and work with executives is also required. This individual will work as a liaison between the Executive Team and the Engineering Team as well.
Our client specializes in professional audio and video systems for a wide variety of applications including: Federal Courtrooms, Corporate Boardrooms, DoD/Government Contractors, Conference Centers, and Houses of Worship. Our client has worked with a wide variety of clients, from the Von Braun Center to the U.S. Space and Rocket Center, and in-house sales, installation, and service team has overseen the installation of AV systems in over 800 Courtrooms in more than 30 states. Our client also retains staff members dedicated solely to the religious market – with over 150 years of combined experience.
- Individuals will perform programming of AMX control systems in support of Audio/Video installations for our client. Consults with clients to analyze functions to be automated, client needs, objectives, desired features, and input and output requirements
- Writes and maintains functional and technical specifications. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, compatibility with other systems, and computer capabilities
- Develops and maintains plans outlining steps and time tables for developing, testing, and installing applications. Researches and evaluates software and hardware to assist in programming or to use as program platforms
- Creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications. Analyzes codes to find causes of errors and revises programs
- Consults with client to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to attain client approval. Writes and maintains documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections
- Writes documentation or reviews documentation written by others that describes installation and operating procedures
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with program
- Trains end users or technical support staff to use programs. Researches, installs, and tests upgrades of externally developed application programs
- The selected candidate must be detail-oriented; customer focused, and able to work in a fast-paced organization while prioritizing a heavy workload
- A minimum of three years of progressive AMX programming experience in the audio/video equipment industry is required
- Experience with Distributed Audio/Video systems, AutoCAD, videoconferencing and boardroom installations is desired,Courtroom experience a plus
- The individual should have a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Math or other closely related field
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Clearance if/when applicable