Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: AWS Cloud Analytics Practice Director
Location: Miami/Fort Lauderdale
Job-Type: Direct Hire
Referral Fee: +/- $3,500
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
Location: Preference is candidates local to South Florida or Charlotte, NC. Will consider candidates in eastern time zone. (Initial 12mo onsite period; remote with travel thereafter)
Gravity IT Resources is seeking a AWS Analytics Practice Leader with experience leveraging the AWS Analytics suite to help SMB to Fortune 500 organizations optimize the use of cloud analytics. Your mandate as the AWS Analytics Practice Leader will be to set the vision and lead architecture and implementations for modern cloud and data solutions, strategies, for revenue generating use cases across various industry. You will lead our Cloud & Data Analytics Practice and help our customers transform through the adoption of Cloud services and advanced Data Management and Analytics solutions.
This is an equity-based opportunity for the right individual to propose and build cloud data and analytics solutions to some of the fastest growing companies in Florida, North Carolina and Ohio. The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing and growing foundational relationships with AWS and bring a forward thinking mindset towards various emerging technologies in the analytics space.
We are looking for a sharp, disciplined, self-motivated and customer centric individual who has a passion for utilizing Cloud and Data solutions to solve sales and marketing business problems for our customer
The ideal candidate MUST be able to successfully lead both high-level solution design & strategic guidance as well as participate in technical architecture discussions & prescribe the details required for ground level execution. We are looking for candidates that have recently served within industry as a practitioner, solving real world business problems using cloud data and analytics technologies. Strong ability to understand business problems and architect solutions to solve those business problems is required, particularly within various revenue generating functions. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
The Cloud & Data Analytics Practice director is the perfect opportunity for a driven and entrepreneurial architect/practitioner that is looking to build something amazing. Extremely attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, annual bonus opportunity, equity and benefits is available.
· Accountability for the practice, including driving proposals, revenue, recruiting, delivery, and all operational aspects, including:
· Practice Building – Drive overall growth of practice area through a combination of thought leadership, architecting solutions, oversight of delivery work and project staffing/talent management
· Business Development – Participate as a strong partner in the pre-sales process, including visioning, development of Proof of Concepts (POCs) and development of offerings
· Partner Management – Build foundational relationships with Cloud (AWS) and various emerging Data & Analytics partners
· Team & Individual Development – Maximize team performance through an effective team approach that increases productivity and job satisfaction.
· Engagement Management – Manage engagement risk, project economics including planning and budgeting, defining deliverable content and ensuring buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client.
· Manage executive and Senior executive-level client stakeholder relationships and expand client portfolio
· Participate in industry forums, events, and speaking engagements; manage production of project deliverables, budget, and presentations to client personnel and leadership
· MUST HAVE 4+ years of experience leveraging the AWS Analytics suite to drive big data processing, predictive analytics, real-time analytics, interactive analytics, storage, and visualization with tools including but not limited to: Athena, EMR, Redshift, Kinesis, QuickSight, etc
· MUST HAVE started career as developer
· MUST HAVE Computer Science degree
· MUST HAVE 5 years of experience working on revenue generating projects and use cases.
· MUST HAVE 3 years of experience working on big data platforms and solutions
· Experience interfacing with software development teams, including the understanding of Agile development methodologies, modern software development technology stacks and deployment techniques
· Superior written and verbal communication skills, including superior executive level presentation skills
· Entrepreneurial mindset and ambitions – strong desire to spend next 5-10 years of your career life building something great from the ground up, including development of culture and mindset – and participating strongly in the financial rewards (equity) resulting from success
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed