Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Azure Cloud Specialist – Cloud Center of Excellence
Referral Fee: $1,200-1,800
Employment Eligibility: Gravity will only consider US Citizens & Green Card Holders.
Gravity is looking for a Cloud Specialist who will be joining our exciting and newly formed Cloud Center of Excellence. Cloud Center of Excellence is the focal point of the transformation efforts as part of the IT Modernization project. You will enable the transformation of our Cloud development and operations practices. This individual can design & implement large-scale cloud architecture and must have an understanding of Microsoft Azure cloud services.
Our client is $32B, supermarket chain operating in Florida, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina and Tennessee. Technology is a major driver of this company’s efforts to continue to deliver exceptional value to its customers.
- To Provide security architecture support for build, migration, and operation of Azure cloud infrastructure
- Researches and evaluate emerging cloud technologies and proactively recommend areas where they can bring business value.
- Develop aspects of the cloud migration initiative, including its impact on infrastructure, networks, and security.
- Define standards and best practices by conducting POCs for new cloud technologies leveraged by the development organization and engineering teams
- Develop a baseline for deliverables to include; Network access, Restriction of internet-facing resources within the cloud platform, provision and configure computer resources within Azure environment
- Provide expertise and serve as Subject Matter Expert regarding Cloud for both infrastructure and applications in Microsoft Azure
- Work with application teams with their digital Transformation goals and achieve exceptional results retaining maximum client satisfaction
- Work with the IT Security Team, Solution Architects and Cloud Operations Team with any security-related issues that arise and maintain a log of operational activities performed
- Develop, maintain and drive a culture of continuous enhancement for a robust knowledge management system for the Cloud Operations team and its partners
- Establish an ongoing improvement plan for Cloud Operations, including technology reviews, root cause analysis, action reports analysis, and cloud portfolio review to ensure adequate infrastructure to provide a suitable operating environment(s) for critical applications.
- As Cloud Specialist, He should advise application team with azure security, develop migration strategy for azure security components and overall application components, define operating procedure in a cloud environment, support with performance tuning and testing activity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other analytical discipline or equivalent experience
- 1 year of experience using Microsoft Azure Cloud
- 1 year of experience in configuring and using PaaS offerings (like WebApp, Azure Database services, Azure Kubernetes, Azure DataLake etc.)
- 1 year of experience in setting up enterprise-level account structures and security models in Azure
- Proven and demonstrated knowledge of depth knowledge of cloud-based delivery models
- Experience developing cybersecurity solutions across a diverse and heterogeneous IT environment
- Demonstrated experience in implementing security controls, including access control, privileged access management, data security, network security, data loss prevention, cloud security, vulnerability management, configuration management, privacy, and audits
- Experience building automation handling large numbers of diverse systems with configuration management and automation systems like Azure DevOps (VSTS,) Docker, Chef, Terraform
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and experience with communicating with other teams via calls, chats, and email
- Hands-on experience writing effective terraform scripts
- Hands-on experience with Azure Resource Templates based on best practices
- Hands-on experience with Azure policies
- Hands-on experience migrating Apps to the cloud
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed