Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Backend Engineer
Referral Fee: $3,000
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
Our Client is looking for experienced engineers to join their backend engineering team. As a member of the early team, you will get to build their product and SaaS platform from the ground up.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and develop highly reliable and scalable SaaS microservices, integrated with a variety of cloud-based managed services.
- Ensure your code meets the highest quality standards and test your own code.
- Ensure security is baked into your designs and code from the beginning.
- Document your design decisions to support our async, remote work environment.
- Instrument your code to collect metrics for monitoring and supportability.
- Take ownership for the reliability and efficiency of your services running in the cloud.
- Provide technical leadership by leading design discussions, reviewing code, and mentoring other engineers.
- Collaborate with a distributed team of engineers to build the Client platform and support it in production.
- Work with a modern technology stack based on containers, serverless infrastructure, Golang, JAMstack, public cloud services, and other cutting edge technologies in the SaaS domain.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Industry or demonstrated expertise designing, building, and implementing SaaS or large-scale cloud services on Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), or Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Expertise with a modern programming language like Java, Scala, Go, or Rust.
- 7+ years of experience in software development.
- 3+ years of experience building SaaS products or cloud services.
- Experience designing & implementing event-driven architectures.
- Experience designing & implementing RESTful APIs.
- Expertise in developing, testing, and debugging production-quality, scalable, concurrent systems.
- Strong computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, and concurrency).
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent industry experience.
- Passionate about code quality, extensibility, coding standards, testing, and automation.
- A strong bias toward action and direct, frequent communication.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes or other container and orchestration tools.
- Experience working in startup environments or on early-stage products.
- Open Source Software contributions.