Gravity IT Resources
The Business Intelligence (BI) and Analytics Developer role will be responsible for the creation and support of mobile-first interactive dashboards and operational reports, primarily leveraging technologies like MS Power BI, that serve to provide the company and its partners with actionable and timely business insights. The Developer will also be responsible for eliciting analytics requirements, supporting. and migrating existing MS SSRS reports and Tableau dashboards into Power BI.
The Developer must be an effective communicator with the ability to collaborate with both business and technology stakeholders to produce best-in-class business intelligence products that will be consumed across all levels of the organization. The Developer must also be self-motivated and must enjoy working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and passionate about generating high value data
The Business Intelligence and Analytics Developer will report directly to the Vice President of Enterprise Architecture and will be responsible for the following job functions:
- Develop, maintain, and support business intelligence products built primarily on Microsoft technologies such as Power BI, SSRS, and also Tableau.
- Collaborate with both business and technology stakeholders to elicit requirements, design, develop, test, and implement business intelligence dashboards and reports.
- Support the Enterprise Architect and Lead BI Developer in analyzing organizational business intelligence needs and pain points, helping define BI roadmap opportunities, and improving enterprise BI standards, and the overall enterprise data management framework.
- Contribute to the improvement of the current BI product governance model.
- Assist in the analysis, mapping, and sourcing of ERP, CRM, Anaplan, and data lake data sets.
- Assist in the creation and support of ERP operational reports using the Yardi Spreadsheet Reporting framework.
- 5+ years of developing and integrating within the standard stack is preferred: MS Power BI, MS SSRS, Azure Data Factory, SSIS, while connecting to SaaS platforms like Salesforce via APIs. Tableau and Yardi ERP experience also preferred.
- Strong SQL and cloud native product delivery experience. Experience with document-based NoSQL databases, data modeling, and ML integration preferred.
- Strong experience in usability design best practices for delivering C-suite BI products.
- Strong business-to-technology translation skills.
- Experience documenting solutions using flowcharts, wireframes, design documents, etc. and using tools like Visio or other tools for documentation.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization, to include executive management, to gather requirements and influence positive change.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in MIS/CIS, computer science, or related field or equivalent experience and training.
- Formal training in BI dashboard design and development, software development, and system design is preferred.