Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Business Analyst 4
Job-Type: Contract (with the potential to convert)
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
As a Business Analyst 4 with our client, you will be responsible for extracting functional and data requirements from the business and creating technical documentation for Data Engineers. This individual must be able to understand the data lineage of transactional systems in order to create data sets that support self-service analytics is the aim of the documentation and technical development. In addition, this role will be involved in the automation of data pipeline to enable self service analytics.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify and analyze business problems and defines the scope of activities required to address the issues, including requirement definition, process review, and operational streamlining.
- Documentation of data lineage project requirements, reviewing process mapping, developing business testing strategies, working with project members to execute test plans.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders and and document sponsor needs.
- Continual support to the business in regards to process implementation.
- Identify process issues and escalate resolutions as required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience/education
- 8+ years of experience in a Business Analyst position
- 8+ years of experience on business process modeling, process mapping.
- Experience working in a process mapping setting within data lineage projects.
- 8+ years of experience utilizing MS Office Suite
- 8+ years of experience utilizing SQL
- Familiarity with the AWS tech stack is a plus