Gravity IT Resources
Position Title: Business Analyst
Position Type: Contract (7/1/23-6/30/24)
Location: Tallahassee, FL (On-Site)
This scope of work is for a Business Analyst for the Early Steps Data System (ESDS) Project. Our client, through its Division of Children’s Medical Services, Bureau of Early Steps and Newborn Screening seeks a Business Analyst expertise and services. Contractor will provide these services to our client on a year-long contract.
- Research, understand, and interpret functional and nonfunctional requirements to include business and stakeholder requirements, data and information requirements, data integration, metadata, data quality, service levels and performance, as directed by the Department.
- Articulate technology in terms stakeholders can understand, and articulate business concepts and processes to the technical team, as directed by the Department.
- Participate in developing business cases, defining high level business objectives, and developing key success factors for solution delivery, as directed by the Department.
- Manage and maintain the Project Risks, Action Items, Issues, Deliverables and Decisions (RAID) log and other Project logs, as directed by the Department.
- Review test plans for acceptance testing to meet user-defined requirements, as directed by the Department.
- Oversee and assist the team with testing on system changes by executing test scenarios and record the test results, defects, and resolution of defects, as directed by the Department
- Coordinate user acceptance testing (UAT) with the business program staff, as directed by the Department.
- Provide analytical research and complete tasks, as directed by the Department.
- Review project deliverables and tasks for accuracy, completeness, and quality, as directed by the Department.
- Provide post-implementation support, as directed by the Department.
- Participate in weekly and monthly status meetings, project meetings, and stakeholder meetings as directed by the Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field and technical knowledge and understanding of information technology infrastructure and software development practices and techniques. Relevant experience on a year-to-year basis can substitute for specific degree requirement.
- Minimum of three years of experience gathering, documenting, and managing business and technical requirements for system implementation.
- Minimum of three years of experience collecting and analyzing data, and software process evaluation and improvements.
- Minimum of three years of experience working both independently and as a member of a project team, in the analysis, design, development and implementation of a complex system implementation.
- Minimum of three years of experience in developing detailed project documentation and presentations.
- Minimum of three years of experience assisting customers with development of business cases with application testing and implementation.