Cloud App Engineer
Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Cloud Application Engineer IV
Location: Remote (headquarters EST – flex with time zones)
Job Type: Contract
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
Our client is a leading developer of cloud, SaaS Human Capital Management (HCM) software. They have a “People First” culture and have been ranked as the #8 in Fortune Magazine’s “Top 100 Companies to work For” and the #1 Software company to work for by Great Places to Work.
- KTLO tasks that allow our systems to continue running smoothly with no interruptions to accessibility.
- Proactive mindset in effort to identify risks and implement process improvements/mitigation plans that will improve customer satisfaction.
- SSL Certificate changes
- Sales Demo support
- Activations/Go live Support in effort to unblock customers TTL
- Customer Escalations/support tickets as part of critical requests
- Planned Migrations for AuthN Platform
- Support all migration efforts along our journey to migrating to a single Auth Platform, UKG AuthN.
- MCIE/Prevention Opportunities
- Swarm on critical MCIE incidents in effort to restore systems to operational state.
- Collaborate with Product/Infrastructure teams to identify root cause of incidents.
- Partner with Product/Infrastructure teams to document defects, prevention opportunities, process changes in effort increase our uptime availability and improve Product stability.
- Identify gaps in our observability. Partner with Product/SRE teams to enhance observability/monitoring in effort to reduce time to detect and proactively prevent issues.
- Supporting our Identity platform infra, Deployments to prod, escalations/KTLO, debugging issues, partner with internal dev teams who consume our Identity platform around any issues or new integrations needed. RCA/enhancing our observability.
- Linux (Ubuntu) – Understanding of Linux OS and has experience with troubleshooting complex issues that can be due to infrastructure related around disk/iops, network latency, jvm/gc related, as well as application related defects.
- Python / similar scripting language to help automate manual tasks/remediation efforts.
- Identity platforms/technology – SAML2/Oauth2/Directory server LDAP query language/OpenDJ/OpenAM/Auth0/Okta/SSO
- Java – understanding of Java tuning/best practices for high volume applications at scale
- Cloud application experience (Azure/AWS)
- Ansible plus
- Nginx plus
- Grafana plus
- PagerDuty plus
- Postman/API plus
- Kibana/Splunk plus
- Dynatrace plus