Gravity IT Resources
Job Title: Corporate Securities & Fund Consolidations Analyst
Job-Type: Direct Hire
Employment Eligibility: Gravity cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
Gravity is looking for a accounting professional to join our client's corporate Investment Accounting Team within the Global Controller's Group. The role will be responsible for corporate debt and equity investments and derivatives accounting. The position will also play a key function in the quarterly corporate fund consolidations process.
Our client is a leading global financial services firm dedicated to meeting the evolving investment and capital needs of our clients and customers. Through active asset management and direct origination, we provide innovative solutions and access to differentiated opportunities across public and private capital markets.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review and record investment activity on a monthly basis
- Analyze investment activity and provide the overview to management as part of the monthly close process
- Work with fund TPAs to obtain appropriate fund trial balances to meet the corporate close process timeline
- Upload consolidating fund trial balances into corporate G/L accounting system in an accurate and timely manner
- Gather, organize, and report footnote disclosures for corporate investments and consolidated funds for inclusion in Barings consolidated financial statements
Required Experience & Skills:
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting
- 2+ years of experience in relevant accounting, public accounting experience strongly preferred
- 2+ years in financial services industry, particularly investment accounting, fund accounting, or financial reporting
- Knowledge of investment accounting US GAAP requirements, specifically ASC 320, ASC 321, and ASC 810
- Experience with Workday is a plus